So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hi P.C.!  Send some of the scenery over here, please.  It's dark and raining heavly.

SD- yeah, you could get some earplugs or listen to music, but that doesn't change the fact that you are tiptoeing around your own house and feeling uncomfortable.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

where do I get heavy duty ear plugs?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

P.C. wrote:
Are you able to work from home purelife ????

If I was stuck at home from snow or something, but otherwise, they prefer me at the office because we often have inpromptu meetings.

Thanks for the recipe, Lil Me.        

purelife

Try Home Depot?  They're not the cheaper ones.  I don't know how to explain how they look like but MrPL uses them for his work and brings them home... and I find them everywhere!!!!

I meant pics of the lovely scenery Miss PC was looking at...we need some here.

P.C.

If I was stuck at home from snow or something, but otherwise, they prefer me at the office because we often have inpromptu meetings.

I meant, is it possible to do your work at home.  I think for those jobs that can be done from home, it would be a step in the right direction for companies to encourage this.  Even 1 or 2 days a week, seems to be enviromentally smart.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I think SD has the right tactic, though....go on living your life, go out, make yourself busy.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

I am going to take some pics today.  I want to grab a pic of that green maple a third of the way through October.    

purelife

Sorry PC, misunderstood your question.

Yes, it is possible to do my work from home.  The database we use is online-based and my email can be accessed online.  Our IT dept can give me full access to my desktop as well if need be.  The only thing I don't want to do, is make long distance phone calls from home.  

I wish they would let me work from home a few days.    

Michel

Sportsdude

Yeah I had a rather enjoyable Sunday although if I wasn't so darn tired I'd of gone to the apple festival. :(
But overall weekends suck.

Oh okay that's pl on home depot.

You're the second person to suggest that Michel. lol

Michel

Sportsdude

haha. Oh I discovered that people from the prairies are the Canadian equivalent to Midwesterners. I found that very welcoming this weekend. I probably would fit better in Winnipeg, but those winters scare me. lol

P.C.

oh dear.  I just uploaded some pics off my camera.  There were 178 pics (50 which are new).  I usually hit the 'delete pictures from camera' option, but the last few times I've selected that option, the pictures have remained on the camera.  So....now I can't find where the 50 new pics went....and wouldn't ya know it.....the delete from camera finally worked.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Michel

|