So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lil Me

Morning!  GRRRRR.  Cold today.  And tired.  I stayed up waaaay past my bedtime on the phone discussing someone's sticky moral dilema with them.  

Yesterday I made a vegan Shoo Fly Pie dessert- basically a molasses pie with a crumb topping.  It was really good, especially when served with a heap of nutri-whip light, which is a soy-based whipped topping that actually TASTES GOOD.  So- frozen pie crust, molasses filling, crumb topping baked together, soy whip on top.  Heckyl loved it (and had never eaten whipped cream-type products before, due to allergy) and Jeckyl ate the soy whip and crumb topping (doesn't like molasses).

Ugh.  Gotta go do something before I fall asleep.
 Don't want to go outside.  Cold and wet out there...but must.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Coffee, Lil Me?  

Morning Lil Me and Michel.

How did you make the molasses filling?  I have two containers of molasses that I wouldn't mind getting rid of.....

Sportsdude

Morning. No worries Russ, I wasn't worked up or anything, 2 roommates had two girls spending the night so I had to think about something else for a few hours while I couldn't really watch tv or anything. I was trapped. :(
lol Sunday morning I went to church at 8am to get away from them in the morning. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Morning purelife and Michel.

purelife- do you get excited when the skytrain stops and you can't_go_to_work?  All you can do is phone in and say, "I'm stuck on the skytrain" and you can't do anything about it?  In my younger days, I loved situations like that (like a "snow day" with no school).  Today, I panic when I'm trapped in a crowded box that isn't moving (ie elevators).

Michel- Sucks that you couldn't use your holiday time.  Well, the cat must be happy that you stayed home.  Hope you buy her something nice with your holiday pay....instead of just paying bills.  Cats don't understand bills.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Morning SD.  Did you wear earplugs?  

P.C.

Good morning

Well it rained all night here, but it's nice and sunny now.  The forest looks like one of those shimmery screensavers, with the most subtle breeze and the sun reflecting off the raindrops on every leaf, it's so purdy.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Lil Me wrote:
purelife- do you get excited when the skytrain stops and you can't_go_to_work?  All you can do is phone in and say, "I'm stuck on the skytrain" and you can't do anything about it?

That's why I like fall and winter...more skytrain problems.   I hope it snows real hard this year forcing skytrains to shut down for hours and hours.... I'd rather work from home.

I haven't been trapped in elevators *knock on wood* but I heard that in our bldg, one guy on our floor was trapped for about 2 hours and one guy was trapped in the men's bathroom stall because the lock didn't work.  He was lucky cuz he had his cell phone.

Sportsdude

No, but it was torture. I was going to write a blurb about 'hey I'm talking about oppression too much because roommates have chicks over spending the night and the other roommate is having fun with his law buddies and I'm here alone and trapped. lol  But I erased it from a post I was about to post. lol

I need to get some. They watched movies at 2am, one girl laughs too loud. Other roommate who had this girl from Singapore over said they just watched a movie.... yeah. They watched Love Actually and then didn't come out. I don't mind, just wish people would give me the heads up before a girl comes over so I can go to a pub and drink myself silly because I'll never be that cool or whatever. lol

purelife

P.C. wrote:
 Good morning

The forest looks like one of those shimmery screensavers, with the most subtle breeze and the sun reflecting off the raindrops on every leaf, it's so purdy.

Hello Miss PC  and Hi to SD.

Pics?

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
I need to get some. They watched movies at 2am, one girl laughs too loud. Other roommate who had this girl from Singapore over said they just watched a movie.... yeah. They watched Love Actually and then didn't come out. I don't mind, just wish people would give me the heads up before a girl comes over so I can go to a pub and drink myself silly because I'll never be that cool or whatever. lol

How frustrating....!  And walls are too thin in dorms....  Get some heavy duty ear plugs.  

P.C.

Are you able to work from home purelife ????

Lil Me

Shoo Fly Pie
 (I used a vegan egg-replacer instead of the egg)
 [font face="Times New Roman"]Mix for crumbs: (reserving ½ cup for       topping)
       2/3 cup brown sugar
       1 Tablespoon solid shortening
       1 cup flour[/p]       [font face="Times New Roman"]Filling:
       1 cup molasses (good and thick)
       ¾ cup boiling water
       1 egg beaten
       1 Teaspoon baking soda[/font][/p]       [font face="Times New Roman"]Combine soda with boiling water, then add       egg and syrup. Add crumb mixture (this will be lumpy). Pour into unbaked       pie crust and cover with reserved crumbs. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit       for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an       additional 35-45 minutes (until firm). When cut into, the bottom may be       "wet." This is okay, and is called a "wet bottom shoo fly       pie."[/font][/p][/font]

Sportsdude

pics? lol

Although I'm glad I got out, the people at this church are hilarious. I rather talk to 60,70,80 year olds with a sense of humour over my age group.

P.C.

A wet bottom shoo fly pie ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c025.gif" border=0]   Well it doesn't sound appetizing.....but I bet it's yummy.  

|