So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

stretchedout

Michel wrote:
What does he hit? An All-American ant was crossing the street ?

--------------------------------------------

My guess is a near head on with a yank truck?
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Lil Me

I think if you smack anything head-on, you'll cause major damage.
 MrLM hit a deer in an F-350 earlier this year and the front end was totalled.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sawdust

Michel wrote:

looks like there are big differences according to the model you test. Make sure you test the equivalent of each manufacturers in your comparison

We did. All were 2009, 2 wheel drive, automatic, extended cab, power package (except Colorado)

The video compared fully loaded 4x4's doing things we don't need the truck to do, so we'll save over $13,000 keeping it simple (like me)

On the gripe site all the complaints I saw on the transmission were on standard trannys. The frame rust is an old problem that I last saw complained about on a '01 model. The one thing that does cause me some concern is the reports of sudden acceleration that Toyota denies it exists.

I am going to the library to get lemon aid and confuse myself some more
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Michel

Sportsdude

There's always the Ridgeline.

I'm waiting for one of the companys probably Renault/Nissan will do it, put a diesel engine in their smaller trucks.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Is it my imagination, or is the Mazda B3000 the same thing as the Ford Ranger?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sawdust

B3000 = Ranger

edit. Ford owns 1/3 of Mazda, if you lift the hood on the trucks they are both Ford parts.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sawdust

Michel Wrote:

Just think those 2 stars rate only must not come out of nowhere, as all the other Toyota are 4 stars or 5 in his book.

I agree, he did not do it out of spite. I am interested to read it.

Sportsdude

The last truck comparo that Car and Driver did it was:
5. GM
4.  Dakota
3. Tacoma
2. Frontier
1. Ridgeline

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

True....except it's not very helpful.  The comparison was for a 2005 Chevy Colorado vs. 2005 Dodge Dakota, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2005 Nissan Frontier, 2005 Toyota Tacoma.

The Ridgeline is not even in the running.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

It helps if you are comparing trucks of the same size range and not all over.  Got to bear in mind that comfort and trucks do not necessary go together unless you are looking at full size trucks.  I have owned Nissan trucks since when they were called Datsuns, they are workhorses, low maintenance and have found them extremely reliable.

P.C.

That's true 49er....and of the three that made our short list....they're reasonably comparable.  [/DIV]

Michel

P.C.

Mmmm.  I've had a hankering for some spaghetti for a while now.  I must make some this week.

Baron of beef, garlic/parmesan roast potatoes, cauliflower and carrots.

Michel

|