So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Uhm, why would you care about what these 4th, 5th, etc year students think?  

A student's life is all about studying and working.  There aren't any luxuries of "sleeping in" or "partying every day" (or whatever you consider a luxury) if you want the top grades.  Maybe things have changed now, but it was tough when I was in school.  I had no life.  

Sportsdude

Will I get the results? doubtful. Although in one class working insanely hard would improve, the others depends.

It's just frustrating, the engineer roommate has a job lined up in Toronto, won't ever need to go to school again, he's set. History major who is graduating doesn't know what the heck he's doing. He'll teach English in Japan apparently for a year. Then, it's graduate school. Arts students don't have their own library or building to study, we're laughed at by the 'intellectual' circles. And I just think about being in the same position my roommate is in in a few years.

and who gets wasted on the weekends? science people.
It's annoying.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

well I know what the career path is, I just haven't had time lately to work on that with me being sick, unfortunately.

I still am a firm believer in the idea that the system hates Arts people. ACT/SAT math, math, english, reading, science. No need to know political history, social sciences etc. because 'that's not important in life' as someone told me back in the day. what bull.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
well I know what the career path is, I just haven't had time lately to work on that with me being sick, unfortunately.

I still am a firm believer in the idea that the system hates Arts people. ACT/SAT math, math, english, reading, science.[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"] No need to know political history, social sciences etc. because 'that's not important in life' as someone told me back in the day. [/FONT]what bull.

What do you mean?  These are required classes in US universities for a bachelors degree, no matter what field you are in.

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff40"]I still am a firm believer in the idea that the system hates Arts people.[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff40"][/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"]Just because employers do not  hire Arts people for technical jobs?[/FONT]

Lil Me

Evening, everyone!

Yes, Michel...Mr LM is going back to Vietnam to finish his project.  After that, he's shopping for new clients.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Maybe something a little closer to home ?  Or is that possible.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Hopefully either some contracts doing office work for a while, or an actual job (what's that?) working for someone else .  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Had a great lunch at the Thai Cafe today.  East Hastings and Gilmore.  Large orders of coconut curries, served with rice, soup, spring roll for $7.95ea.
 [a href="http://www.thaicafe.ca/contact.php"]http://www.thaicafe.ca/contact.php[/a]

P.C.

Hope he finds what he's looking for Lil Me.  He's a bright boy....I'm sure he'll have no problems finding something fulfilling.  It would be nice to not be halfway across the world.        

Michel

Lil Me

I hope so, too.  lol.

He's motivated to do something different....and not live in tents for the rest of his working life.  He's even willing to take out a membership in the professional association (required by the BC Securities Commission) and dress up.  lol.

P.C.

OooooooOOOoooo......shirt and tie guy ?

It was funny to see Sawdust go from the manufacturing end/business owner....wearing jeans and sweatshirts (since I met him).....to shirt and tie guy.  The whole thing was a good move.

*fingers crossed that he finds something excellent !

P.C.

ok.....I can't take this painful load time anymore.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c003.gif" border=0]

G'night Michel.  

Michel

|