So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Evening!

Had a usual Saturday driving Heckyl and Jeckyl wherever they needed to be.  My highlight was a Purdy's dip bar (the ice cream bar with dark chocolate and toasted almonds) and watching the firefighters' Tug of War at Lougheed Mall.

Pasta, veg and banana cake for dinner.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

That sounds like a well rounded day Lil Me.  A tug-of-war you say ?  Were the participants wearing shirts ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Michel wrote:  What's your choice ?  

Of the 3.....the Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, and the GM Colorado...the nicest ride was the Tacoma.  The nicest looking was the Nissan  but was a bumpy/rattley ride  (although the interior of the Tacoma was nicer)....and the least expensive (with incentive) was GM.  

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
That sounds like a well rounded day Lil Me.  A tug-of-war you say ?  Were the participants wearing shirts ?  
 --
 LOL.  They were wearing the dark blue collared uniform shirts, dark blue pants.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

What kind of tug-of-war is THAT ?  Harumph !  

Sportsdude

you're buying a truck P.C.?
what kind of stuff will you be doing?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Yup.

Just the ususal truck stuff.  Hauling firewood, dirt, lumber etc.

...and driving.

Michel

P.C.

No.....the library was supposed to be our first stop.....but we went for lunch instead.  

We will definitely be having a look at it though.  I think, even if the Tacoma doesn't make the cut....the Nissan would probably be last on the list.  Although I think it was the finest looking...neither of us really cared for the ride.    

Michel

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
     ...and driving.

Tacoma.

I think I'm becoming a fan of Subaru. I like my roommates Forester.

P.C.

Hum strange that you could feel a difference so obvious. Maybe the road was in bad shape? Bah the important is that you get what you like. At the beginning of the book, he predicts that these trucks will be very cheap eventually with extra stock available and no more buyers on the market. Maybe check for that too, you might save even more on your GM in a few months.  

It was quite obvious.  The Tacoma rides like a car....smooth....the Nissan rattled at even the slightest bump.

Yes, you might be right on GM in a couple months.  Right now, they are offering a $6500.00 incentive....but chances are, of the 3, they may be most likely to scramble for business.  Nissan is pretty solid, and Toyota doesn't deal at all.  

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
No.....the library was supposed to be our first stop.....but we went for lunch instead.  

We will definitely be having a look at it though.  I think, even if the Tacoma doesn't make the cut....the Nissan would probably be last on the list.  Although I think it was the finest looking...neither of us really cared for the ride.

------------
Frontiers ride hard, but are mules and are good off road and they're the best looking.
non Silverado's GMC big boys have shitty interiors and are pure crap, avoid at all costs. Depreciation.
Rangers haven't been updated since 1994. Its not new, whatever a Ford rep tells you, so avoid
Tacoma's ride like cars and look like a car in the inside. Hardcore truckers hate this.
Dodge blows. People only buy Dodges for the Ram Heavy Duty Cummins diesel, but I don't see P.C. driving one of those.

Michel

Michel

|