So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Where did you go, Michel?
Turkey with the in-laws today.  It was quite nice because we ate at 2pm followed by dessert a couple hours later.  Went back to the hotel to go swimming before bed.

Jeckyl had a mishap yesterday am.  He fell off his bike, cut his chin open and required stitches.  Mr LM ran back to the hotel to get the car, drove to the park to pick up Jeckyl, and locked the keys in the car.
 He and Heckyl waited for BCAA road service while Jeckyl and I went to the medical clinic in a taxi.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

How is Jeckyl doing and how is he taking it?  I hope he's ok and hopefully won't need too many stitches....poor lil man...

Where'd you go for your turkey, Michel?  

Lise - at Harrison, have you ever visited Hicks Lake and Sasquatch Provincial Park?  

I know what you mean about the sandcastle prices.  MrPL found a way to take pics without being inside.

Michel

Lise

Sounds familiar, purelife. I think we might have visited the lake but I can't be sure. We did make a right hand drive and drove down a couple of blocks till we couldn't go any more. It was a small park by a lake. Is that the same one?

Roast chicken tonight complete with stuffing and roast yams, pumpkin & sweet potatoes. I'm also doing an easy salad and stir-fry broccoli with mushrooms. End with sweet pumpkin pie. My friends are also dropping in with shephard's pie. Can't wait.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Oh dear, I hope Jeckyl is OK.  Kids are tough ones, they fall, they get up, no biggie. Still, it doesn't stop your heart from missing a beat when they get hurt.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

No way, Michel!  I have relatives out there in Cawston.  Haven't been to visit for a few years.  Never seen the petroglyphs, though.  Did you stop in Hedley?  That's a weird town.

Home on the 10:30 am ferry.  Going back into town to eat my mom's turkey leftovers in a bit.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Jeckyl is fine.  He's brave kid.  We needed to hold him down while the doc was suturing, and I couldn't actually watch that part (yuck).  

Lise

Oh tell me about it. I know the feeling. Lise Jr. fell down and had to have sutures to her forehead. It was horrible watching the doctor do it but I know it's for the best.

How's your cold? Getting over it?
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif[/img]  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Looks like I have a little bit of catch up to do.  

Exciting weekends for you all !  

Poor munchkin, Lil Me *cry*  (that beautiful little face with a scar )  Travel for Michel....turkey dinners and pumpkin pies...petroglyphs, family visits......wow....lots going on.

I survived my week with the wee terrorist with the angel face.  (I only got lost once)......no sailing wait for me, although I was the second to last car on.

Sawdusts B-day today....so we had a Thanksbirthday dinner.  I made a cake, but we're both too full.

Hugs to everyone.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Happy Thanksgiving!

Er, welcome back to the Island PC!

Yes Lise we are still on the island.. Coming back to Van tomorrow mid morning.

Thats too bad LM! Glad to hear hes doing ok!

We unfortunately missed connecting some friends here.. but next time I guess.

Its pretty grey and wavy on the beach today but still nice. The excitement started today was when the level switch in the washing machine went and flooded my parents laundry room. After fixing that my dad decided to install a waterline to his new fridge with the icemaker.. and managed to puncture the pipe but not seal the fitting. So we ran about trying to find the water shutoff as it flooded the kitchen.

Starfishie and my mother were not impressed for some reason.

Hope everyone got turkey leftovers like PL and LM seem to be taunting us with.

You around for a while again Michel or are you taking another trip again soon?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

OH !  You're still here.  Rats.....wish I knew....would have been nice to see you !!!!!!

Sounds like a soggy weekend Russ.  You'll have to remember to wear your gumboots next time you visit your parents.

No turkey leftovers for us either....love a turkey sammich the next day.  We just bought a turkey thigh, which is more than enough for the two of us....actually, it was a little too much.....I'm full.

Good thing you weren't south Island.  Apparently from Victoria to Ladysmith was without power yesterday.....and they still don't know what the cause was.

Russ

YEah.. I wish I had known earlier you were around home. We left mid afternoon to Nanaimo for something to do as my dad came up with a third idea of what to do and Starfish saved me by saying we need to go somewhere.

We are going to do a turkey sometime midweek just so my brother and I get turkey leftovers for sandwiches. We might even eat some for dinner that night.

Good to hear you had a good time with your angel.. and happy bday to Mr Sawdust!

Well, talk to later.. gotta hit the hay as we are getting up early to head out.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Bummer. I was back from the mainland, but we were visiting at our neighbours for most of the day.  

Sleep tight Russ [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif[/img]

Michel

|