So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lil Me

How badly do you want ferry reservations, Russ?  I'll sell you mine...  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
How badly do you want ferry reservations, Russ?  I'll sell you mine...  

Honestly? Not too badly. Its only to see parents and relatives which is relatively easy with drinking Double Dark N Dirties. Heavily.
My brother and I will head over friday morn and just wait for a ferry. On the way back I dont really need to be back so I will just sit there with my Laptop and a bunch of movies.

For the way back my brother will just use my parents's coast card.

Starfishie and I will be getting one.

Michel: yeha it sucks that they are already reserved.. but that helps pay for the ferries. Its like 15 bucks more to reserve ahead of time, but the whole ferry cannot be reserved up so if you wait in line you will get on. Also if you get the Coast Card with the ALT (assured loading tickets) they are double the regular price, but then you need only use them when you need them. You have to buy ten at a time (its like 1200 bucks). But if you dont use them after 24 months, you can use the cost of the ones you didnt use to buy another 10 ALT's.

Im having wiring problems on my Toy.. I think I fried my expensive Deck in my truck. I think some of the wires I had in there were mislabelled. Dammit.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Sportsdude

howdy gang!
I'm for the most part healed, although I've got 'sensitive' lungs at the moment which means if my goofy self tries to sprint somewhere as I did last night, because I feel invincible, I'll get like an asthma attack. lol goofy me.

still can't hear out of my right ear, which is annoying.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

haha yeah. Doc said it should clear up, eventually. Makes listening to my ipod pointless.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Going to go on a ferry over the long weekend? Wowser, Russ. You're either insane or very, very brave.

Well, to answer you question, a mucocle is usually caused by trauma to the lips. I guess I must have chewed on my lips hard enough to cause the gland to swell to that level. In most cases, the gland usually goes away but in my case, there was enough trauma to the gland that it just bubble up. When the tissue built over the traumatized area, it had nowhere to drain so it kept building and building up like a balloon. There was no choice but to remove the offending gland so new one(s) can start growing and healing. At least that's from what I understand.

Prognosis is good but there's still a slight probability it may come back which means I will probably have to remove it again. You can imagine my joy at that.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

SD - are you on antibiotics? That usually will help clear you. I came very close to getting pneumonia... it wasn't a pretty picture. When I coughed, I could actually see my lungs flying in front of me.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

How long did you have to sit in the chair?  How are you feeling now?

Dinner was can of sardines and papaya and a sh*t load of vitamins. I usually just take one multi-vitamin but I read somewhere that it doesn't have enough of what you need daily.  So, I take one small multi-vitamin and add others separately like vitamin C, E, B complex, ginseng, etc.  I never used to care about vitamins but now I do.... A LOT!

Lise

Total procedure time took a mere 10 mins. The entire process from case presentation to delivery to end took almost 2 hours. It's a learning facility so you need to a patient (excuse the pun) in the chair.

Yeah, I can still talk and eat though it's a bit sore. I can't smile too wide otherwise it pulls at the stiches. It ain't a pretty sight tho. I think I'm going to loose a lotta weight this way as I'm pecking at my food and eating only soft food. Oh well.

Hey purelife, why don't you take that big ass pill that has all the multi-vitamins in it? Centrum or something like that?
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I made butternut and acorn squash soup the other day and it was yummy.

In case any one of you is interested in making a simple yummy soup, here was what I did.

1. cube your favorite squash (butternut, acorn, pumpkin, etc) and drizzle olive oil, sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper and place in oven for about 25 minutes
2.  cook onions with 2 tsp of cumin, then add 1 celery stalk and 1 carrot, chopped up
3.  then add your baked squash along with a litre of chicken stock

Cook until all is tender (about 30 minutes or so) and then hand blend everything.  Sprinkle with parsley.

Lil Me - I'll be trying that chicken paprikash over the weekend.  I found a recipe very similiar to what you said and will give it a go. :)

Lil Me

Hey!

Lise- you're a brave woman.

purelife- I'm not sure if I mentionned this earlier, but I just started taking vitamin C and zinc last week.   Trying not to get sick.  Going to start taking a daily multi-vit, too.  I ran out of multivitamins MONTHS (or years?) ago and never bothered to re-stock, but got a new bottle at Costco today.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

There's nothing wrong with losing weight.  

I don't find that the multi-vitamins (like Centrum) have what you need.....even the pre-natal vitamins don't have enough for a women trying to conceive or is pregnant.

Lil Me

Soup sounds yummy, purelife!  Funny, I made a soup today (no recipe).  Mashed up some steamed pumpkin, added some sliced apples and veg stock, salt, pepper, cooked everything.  Served with green onion and croutons.  

|