So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

Apparently PoCo is the new Compton. Met a bunch of people from PoCo and all they talked about was being mobbed by a bunch of men with knives. Sounds like typical suburban problems though.

sweet freedom! 8hrs from now I will have the freedom of movement (hopefully) exciting. My life will change drastically because of two wheels and a frame.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Thanks for the pictures of the in counter water heaters.. i had no clue they existed or how they looked!

Those big asian things I have seen lots of.

49er.. what are you using to make holes in your granite ?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
but what is it ? A water purifier ?  
 --
 The big Asian machine is an instant hot water dispenser.  Plug it into the wall and you have instant hot water all the time.
 I've never felt the urge to buy one.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Good morning Lil Me.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]

Russ.....the pic of the one I posted is about $300 I think.

There are some on ebay, but they too are going for  around 2 to 400 bucks.  Some of them look like a bargain, but they don't include the tanks.

This one is looking good so far, with the current bid at $55.79.

[A href="http://cgi.ebay.com/InSinkErator-H-View-SS-Hot-Water-Dispenser-Tank-NEW_W0QQitemZ330270393948QQihZ014QQcategoryZ121848QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting"][img height=200 src="http://www.insinkerator.com/images/product/H-View_large.jpg" width=200 align=middle border=0 name=SelfHostedImage on-load="hostedImageLoaded(this);"][/A]

[A href="http://cgi.ebay.com/InSinkErator-H-View-SS-Hot-Water-Dispenser-Tank-NEW_W0QQitemZ330270393948QQihZ014QQcategoryZ121848QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.com/InSinkErator-H-View-SS-Hot-Water-Dispenser-Tank-NEW_W0QQitemZ330270393948QQihZ014QQcategoryZ121848QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/A]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Morning P.C.!

Looks a bit cooler and misty this morning.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

The hot water tap would be handy for cooking.

I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to tea....I start with cold running water and boil it.  For regular black teas, any other method doesn't taste right IMHO.

P.C.

Oh dear.  I imagine it will be heading here next.  Right now it is looking like another sunny day......so far.    

Lil Me

Sun is burning its way through, so I think we'll be ok.  

P.C.

I've always heard that method is THE best Lil Me.  I personally am not able to distinguish the difference....but then again, I'm not a big tea drinker.  But 'rules' for making some things have come about for a reason.

All I know about boiling water, is that, for cooking veggies.....anything that grows above ground should be started in boiling water.....anything that grows below the ground should be started in cold.  

Russ

Morning Lovely Ladies!!

Hmm.. I might look into that water thingy for when we end up redoing our kitchen.. unfortunately with what miss Starfishie and myself have in mind its going to be a bit above 2k for the kitchen :(

So whats everyones plans on this lovely day? We are going to start with a big cleanup and organizing.. needs to be done.  

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 I've always heard that method is THE best Lil Me.  I personally am not able to distinguish the difference....but then again, I'm not a big tea drinker.  But 'rules' for making some things have come about for a reason.

All I know about boiling water, is that, for cooking veggies.....anything that grows above ground should be started in boiling water.....anything that grows below the ground should be started in cold.

Really? Ive never heard this before.. is there anything behind this or is it just something that you always did/ heard of?

P.C.

Morning Russ.

Cleaning and organizing......the never ending story.

I'm still trying to reclaim my garden.  It was a mess when I got home, with many of my planters deader than a door nail.   I should have asked my kitty sitter to throw a little water on them.  

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
 --
 I didn't know that either!  So I should stop cooking my potatoes like I cook pasta.  lol

Lil Me

Morning Russ.
 Are you organizing your stuff or Grandma's stuff?

|