So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

This would make me mad to no ends. Like a HOA that is on the rise in the states?

I'm with ya Russ.  There's something fundamentally wrong with that thinking, to me.  I think (if I could afford a house in Banff) that who is anybody to tell me I can't purchase something that is for sale.  It smacks of discrimination in the first degree.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

They are called mountain squirrel. Good thing you didn't feed them. There's plenty of natural and healty food for them and there's nothing more sad than seeing a wild animal getting killed by an hunter or a poacher because he approach him thinking he would get some treat "as usual".

Forgot to mention, Michel, that what we saw were definitely chipmunks.  GIANT mutant chipmunks.  As soon as I get organized, I'll post a pic.

Van

[FONT size=1]curious..what is HOA?[/FONT]
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Van

Gotta go.

I think I speak for the rest of us when we say, its great to have you back PC!!

[img height=86 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Love/3.gif" width=143 border=0]  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Have a wonderful day Van.  

Thanks for the welcome back.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/a010.gif" border=0]

Michel

purelife

Hi Van, Lise, Michel, Lil Me, SD, PC and RUSSSS!!!!!  

Last night, our car all of a sudden wouldn't start.  We were parked at Ikea.  Luckily, this guy who owned a truck was around to jump start our car.  And he told us what was wrong.  All we had to do was buy this one part for the battery post cover that costs under $15.  Phew...thank goodness it wasn't something else...we were lucky to run into them. :)

Lil Me

lucky, purelife!

Random question: What does TU mean in terms of equipment malfunction?  Time's Up?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Hullo miss PL..

Van.. a HOA is a Home Owners Agreement. Its like living in a gated community. Basically its like living in an apartment with an invasive council only you own a house with a garage and lawn and garden.. you can only paint your house certain colours, put up approved wind chimes, not work on your vehicle in the driveway.. have your lawn so many inches high, plany approved plants and trim them so often.. but dont worry you own your own place.

Battery cover thingy? You mean like a new battery post terminal? So it was a bad connection?

Thanks LM for the info.. so its cheaper than when i left.. just not as cheap as here! lol.

So my net time ran out and I had to go renew.. obviously there was some confusion as to what I wanted as the lady at teh front desk said ok.. she would bring it up to me when she got the right codes.. so she arrives at my room with two bottles of coke.. not two hours of internet.

Obviously something got lost in translation.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Battery cover thingy? You mean like a new battery post terminal? So it was a bad connection?

That's IT!  Yep, he said that it was the post terminal, the connection wasn't good and it was falling apart.  I parked the car at home and then turned it back on and it was ok but now, I gotta buy the part and see if MrPL has all the tools to replace it, otherwise, I'll be charged $100 for a 10 minute or so job.

P.C.

LOL Russ.  2 bottles of coke.....2 hours of internet.  CLOSE !  LOL.

Michel wrote: Ah so you went to Jasper than. So that's where you saw your wapitis I assume.

We saw nothing in Jasper.  The herd of wapiti was in Field.....as was the bear.    

purelife

I think TU means Thumbs Up?

Russ

Hey PL.. its pretty easy. Basically a crescent wrench and a pair of side cutters. Cut off the old terminal with the cutters, bare the wire, and tighten the new one onto the wire then the terminal.

New terminal is cheap and probably only about 5 bucks.  

Good luck!  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Well.....must get busy.  Got some unpacking to do, laundry......and then I must sort through the 1500 plus photos I've taken.  

Have a good day Russ.

Michel

|