So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]  Home Sweet Home.

Hi everybody....missed you all !  Had an awesome trip.

Got some catch-up to do.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Thanks Michel.  No matter how beautiful it is where you go.....it's always great to get home.

Didn't see a lot of wildlife.  The biggest treat was a herd of elk.  Beautiful creatures.  It appeared to be only one really large buck and the rest seemed to be does. (not sure though).  A couple bears and deer....and that was it.

BC sure has some breathtaking landscape.  

Spent last night in Whistler.  Can not believe how it has grown.

purelife

Hiya PC.  Welcome back!!!

How was the wedding?  And did you get the chance to visit the stores in Vancouver?

Lil Me

Hi P.C.  Missed you!

How was Mr Cat while you were away?  Is your cat sitter still alive?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hi purelife and Lil Me

LOL on the pic !

Haven't seen the cat sitter yet.....yipes.  I don't see any limbs laying around....so I'm hoping that means she is ok.  Kitty was awfully glad to see us.

The wedding was beautiful purelife.  Everything about it was wonderful.  A nicer bunch of people would be hard to find.  The bride and the 7 bridesmaids ALL look like they stepped off the cover of Brides magazine.  The location was extraordinary and everything came off without a hitch.  

I did get to Daiso and Ikea (and of course Lee Valley).  Picked up a few things at each.

I'm beat....and glad to be home.  

Michel

Sportsdude

HEYA PC!!!

Welcome Home!!!
:)))))))))))

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Yes all females around a male at this time of the year. Male would fight with other males around, either to defend his harem or steal it from the alpha male.

I didn't know this, Michel.  There was one buck and 12 does.  He was magnificent.  I spotted him in a really narrow window of vision, and wasn't sure if I had seen what I thought I saw......but as we rounded a bend, there was the rest of the herd.  He eventually got up and joined the ladies.  We watched for quite a while.  It was only 2 minutes after we carried on, that we saw the bear.

Thanks SD.....good to be home.  

Hubby and I have just made a pact to get our selves back to Banff before too long.  We were both in awe.

Michel

P.C.

Saw nothing in Jasper.  I was a little taken aback at Jasper.  I remember it quite different than what it is....meaning, I wasn't terribly impressed.  Over priced and almost a bit seedy.  Our original plans included a stay in Jasper, but we moved on.

P.C.

I forgot to mention in my list of 'wildlife', the GIANT chipmunks in Banff.  Well.....Lake Moraine more specifically.  I have NEVER seen such huge chipmunks EVER.  One came right up to me and I....obeying the laws of the Banff National Park, had nothing to feed him.  But I got the clear impression, that others were not obeying the rules.  These guys were at least 5 or 6 times bigger than any chipmunk I have ever seen.  (I'll post pic tomorrow after I transfer my 2000 pics.....lol)

Michel

Sportsdude

3rd cup of tea for the night. I'm doing a work for 20 minutes, lay down for 5-7mins, work 20mins. Eyes are completely red, doing this for Kafka. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Welcome home, PC. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I like making stir-fries. They're the most easiest to do and cheap. At least in my books. Yes, it involves some preparation but so worth the effort.

Mooncake festival just around the corner. I bought some pandan flavored mooncakes just to try them out. Delicious!

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|