So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Hiya PC.  Sounds like a decent trip.

Looks like you liked Banff more than Jasper? I always thought Jasper was a little less crowded and higher peaks? Mind you I only been there a couple times. Usually summer and also, usually hiking. Banff has way better ski hills mind you. In Banff, there is Lake Louise and is one of the best too, if they get a decent snow dump.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

HEY VAN !  Ahhhhhhh....home coffee.

We took the parkway from Banff to Jasper, and it was nothing short of amazing.  It was the town of Jasper that was a little disappointing.  Although still quite nice, it fell short of my memories.  It was our intended destination for a night over, but the prices of hotels were way out of whack for what it was.  It had the look of a town that had a cute one street facade in front of a common town.

We also saw the sculptures coming out of Osoyoos.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Cool. Did you see the sasquatch with the beer box out of Osoyoos?

Ah! I gotcha about Jasper. The town itself seems pretty dated and pricey for sure.

Coffee is a gift from God, embrace it!! yay!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

I did see the sasquatch.  There appeared to be a sculpture missing....or not put up yet.  There was a pedestal base with nothing on it.  Hmmmm.

Banff was so incredibly gorgeous.....a new vista around every corner.  The town itself was clean and funky and the homes there were all well kept and architecturally within the feel of town.  Mind you, I could hear cash registers in my head everywhere I looked.  The place reeks of money.

Van

Did you make it to the Grizzly House?

If you ever go back, make sure you go there. A little pricey, but hey, you only live once.

Best fondu house I have ever been to.

[A href="http://banffgrizzlyhouse.com/"]http://banffgrizzlyhouse.com/[/A]        

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 I did see the sasquatch.  There appeared to be a sculpture missing....or not put up yet.  There was a pedestal base with nothing on it.  Hmmmm.

Banff was so incredibly gorgeous.....a new vista around every corner.  The town itself was clean and funky and the homes there were all well kept and architecturally within the feel of town.  Mind you, I could hear cash registers in my head everywhere I looked.  The place reeks of money.[/DIV]
 I agree. Banff to me is an overpriced tourist trap. I still think its nice though!  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Hey.. just curious, whats the price of gas and diesel at right now?

I think the price of gas over here is subsidized.. its like 60something cents a litre if my math is correct.

Lil Me

Morning P.C., Van, Russmeister

I think I paid $1.35 the other day.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Is that the place that has snake and shark on their menu ?  We had a look at it, but ended up somewhere else.

Banff IS pricey Russ.  But at least you felt like you were paying for something....whereas Jasper was pricey without the offerings.  I don't want to knock Jasper too hard....as it was lovely.  It just had a sense of being a Banff wanna be....kinda like they are riding on Banff's coat-tails.

Whistler has the same feel as Banff, only on a smaller scale.  The criteria to even be allowed to purchase a home there is quite detailed.  That surprized me a bit.  

Lil Me

I usually bypass Jasper but stop in Banff for McFood and the candy store.

I like the Icefield parkway between Banff and Jasper.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

P.C. wrote:
 Is that the place that has snake and shark on their menu ?  

Yes. You can just have steak and chicken though. I would say it is the best place in Banff. I never spent a lot of time in the town though. usually ski our butts off and eat right at the ski hill.  

Van

Yes, kind of like Whistler. I don't really like walking around the Whistler townsite though. Any ski gear is marked up 300%. You can buy a nice Canadian mini flag for $25.00??!

P.C.

Good morning Lil Me.

Van....any ANYTHING is marked up 300% in Banff.....and then some.  

We went and had a little visit to the log home I tried to buy many many moons ago, on Lac de Roche.  It is still there and still as beautiful as ever.  Porch almost over the lake.  The first half of highway 24 from the Little Fort side is still gorgeous......the second half....not so much.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 Whistler has the same feel as Banff, only on a smaller scale.  The criteria to even be allowed to purchase a home there is quite detailed.  That surprized me a bit.

This would make me mad to no ends. Like a HOA that is on the rise in the states?  

Van

Sounds nice.

I like the Kananaskis country out there too. A good group of mountain bikers out of Calgary have their group based there. It is as nice as Banff, but without all the stores. Just mountains, trails, and trees. The lakes are too icy to jump in though.  

|