So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Oh no! wind is not fun!

Maybe set up a wind farm and generate some power? CHA-CHING$$$$$
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Funny you should say that Van.....I just looked in to that a week ago.  Free unharnessed energy passing us by daily.  Hydo bill is through the roof.....but a wind tower is very expensive.  I looked up the possibility of making one, but it's way beyond my expertise....and you still need to purchase the most expensive part, even for a hand crafted one.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Oh yeah, it is nuts how much the price of 'going green' is. That, and think how much energy it takes to create a wind turbine. Long term, it might pay off? Not sure how long something would last, maintenance, etc.?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

It's a shame it's so pricey.  Rural areas could contribute to hydro.  It would look pretty unsightly in the cities, but would be fine out of the city limits.

Van

It is like the Pincher Creek area of Alberta. It is turning into a sea of turbines. Looks interesting. Very good spot for it too. That valley, the wind never really stops. Lots of money to be invested in it too there.

P.C.

I remember driving through miles and miles and miles of them in Nevada.  It seems weird that we are ignoring such a valuable resource.  The initial cost may be a little high....but the fuel is free.

Van

You would think the cost could be recovered quickly. Also, need a way to protect the birds from getting sucked into them.

Michel

P.C.

Well it aint pretty.....yet it looks better than the 'twisty turny building'.

Michel

Michel

P.C.

No problem at all Michel.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]

Michel

P.C.

Michel........[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d074.gif" border=0]

Van

Lol! You crazy kids have a great morning. I better turn up the stereo and get some work done.

later!

purelife! I missed you yesterday! Hope all is well. hugz and stuff.

|