So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

purelife

Michel

Lil Me

lol.  Bring some extra shirts, hats, and dark glasses.  You can get a whole case of yoghurt!

Morning everyone!
 Cloudy, no rain....yet.

Tomatoes, anyone?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
lol.  Bring some extra shirts, hats, and dark glasses.  You can get a whole case of yoghurt!

Morning everyone!
Cloudy, no rain....yet.

Tomatoes, anyone?

Morning DS! Hows everyone today?

Im not that keen on yogurt.. although my brother buys a flat of it a week. Buys it from Stupidstore.

Its sprinkled a bit here but not enough to call it rain.. yet!

Ha! The talk of tomato's reminds me of my tomato buying on the island this past weekend.

I need some onions and tomato's for burgers at my parents place. So my brother drives into this little store we saw called Tomm's Food Market on the way back from Union Bay (we went to look at boats). As Im going in I notice theres this nice little display of tomato's. Perfect right! cause then I dont have to rummage around inside.. so I grab three. I then head inside and while trying to fight my way around two couples having domestic arguements in teh isle, I manage to snag a bag of onions. After fighting my way round the couples again, I notice that the onions are rotten. Drat. So I go back to buy some loose onions. At this point one couple is right in front of the display. And the kid is picking up stuff from the displays and dropping them on the floor. Reminds me of me for some reason. So after 5 minutes of trying to get the couples attention I manage to get some onions. The other couple is at the till now and the cashier is involved in the discussion somehow. I get bored and see some watermellons for sale so I decide to grab one. In the time I leave my place in line, the first couple is now behind the second couple and all of them are chatting away. Im now stuck at the back of the line. Finally I get close enough to the counter to slam my watermelon down on the counter and the cashier realizes that they do indeed work there. The person rings my order through.. and the tomatos that were time saving and nicely displayed.. were some super organic greenhouse thingys and are 4 bucks a tomato!  I just paid for them and ran out of the store in order to save my sanity. My brother the ever understanding person he is being related to me, didnt let me forget about the tomato's and the amount of time it took in this little store that we stopped at to save time.

Yesterday he bought me a bunch of tomato's when he hit superstore for some more yogurt.. just to spite me. Im debating whether or not to stick one under his pillow for tongiht.

Starfish thinks we are childish with each other for some reason.      
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

There were 3 different areas where they were handing out the yoghurt.  Just revisit it once or several times to each station.  I got two.  One for me and one for my co-worker. :)

Michel

Sportsdude

Morning!
I haven't had 'fast food' since driving home.
We're out of the blue in terms of rain for the next week. I'm sure something will come up in a week or so. It was so nice to have the temperature drop to around 22C last night after 35's.

Now, everybody's watching the rivers. Tons and tons of rain is up north.
The Farm hasn't planted anything yet this year, everything has been under water and a couple roads down there washed away.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

I do. If you have to stand in line to get it and its made within a couple minutes. Its fast food.
Although there's now 'casual' fast food places which totally screw up this theory.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Tuna sub for me. Not Subway, but homemade...I grew the tuna myself!! ok, so it is out of a can, but I assembled it with onions, mayo, cheese, lettuce, pickles on multigrain bread.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Van

I had a hot dog after the bar awhile ago after some beers and shooter I am sure Opa is much better for you than that.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

Michel wrote:
I'm curious. Do you guys consider Opa fast food ?

Nope, I don't.  When I think of fast food, I associate it with grease and oil.  Opa is more healthy, imo.  

|