So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Hi purelife.

I have never ate at Opa. Is it healthier than a burger joint? That is not hard to beat mind you.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

purelife

Heya Van and Michel.

I like the FF abreviations.

Opa is greek food to-go.  I do like burgers too, especially from Red Robins. :)

Michel

Van

Cool. I could eat some gyros right now! I just need to find a good fast food pasta place. I think I seen one at a mall before, but they pretty much served noodles and ketchup. Pizza is my fast food choice. I love that stuff! It is toxic too, but we all have our vices.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
I do. If you have to stand in line to get it and its made within a couple minutes. Its fast food.
Although there's now 'casual' fast food places which totally screw up this theory.

I go to the Deli and order healthy sandwiches.  I guess under your theory, this place would be considered as fast food because I have to wait in line for my food.

We wait in restaurants for our food to be prepared sitting in our seats.  So, how is it different than waiting in line standing up?  And, would buffets be considered fast food since you stand in line to get your food and that the food is already prepared?

I think the definition of fast food in Vancouver compared to US is different.  And I agree with Michel.

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
[em]Sportsdude wrote:
I do. If you have to stand in line to get it and its made within a couple minutes. Its fast food.
Although there's now 'casual' fast food places which totally screw up this theory.[/em]
[/p]  [/p]
[/p] I go to the Deli and order healthy sandwiches.  I guess under your theory, this place would be considered as fast food because I have to wait in line for my food.[/p] We wait in restaurants for our food to be prepared sitting in our seats.  So, how is it different than waiting in line standing up?  And, would buffets be considered fast food since you stand in line to get your food and that the food is already prepared?[/p] I think the definition of fast food in Vancouver compared to US is different.  And I agree with Michel.

[/p] --------

That's casual fast food.
For example I had 'casual fast food' yesterday it looked like this:

Which was at a place with a fire place, big leather sofas, classical music playing and hardwood floors.
lol

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_casual"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_casual[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I can't remember who mentioned this when I said that I love sesame seeds anything... (maybe Lil Me?) but I finally tried halva.  It's rich but oh sooo yummeee....THANKS!  There's a place on Robson where I can pick up these yummy treats.  

purelife

I've heard of casual dining but never casual fast food.

Sportsdude

There's not very many 'casual fast food' places in Vancouver yet. If they are they're independent mom and pop places that I haven't been to.

Think of Starbucks and how it looks and feels, then add a full line of deli, soups and a bakery and a glass of wine or beer and that's Casual Fast Food places.

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
There's not very many 'casual fast food' places in Vancouver yet. If they are they're independent mom and pop places that I haven't been to.

That's very interesting how you said that when you have visited Vancouver a few times here and there.  But I s'pose Google has the answers. :P

Sportsdude

baah I'm on google withdrawl lol

The doctor's office butchered my last name again apparently my last name ends in -leigh now. lol

Van

to me, if there is a fireplace, couches, etc., if they are selling beer, that would be called a pub. Nothing better than a pub burger.

I still don't get what you are calling casual fast food?

P.C.

Fast Casual would be like Fuddruckers.  Generally healthy fare served up the same way as fast food.....like made in front of you deli-ish style.  Often upscale decor and ambiance.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Ah! I am hungry now! chat later!

|