So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Good night Miss purelife.  Sweet dreams.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Night Ms. P

Woo hoo I've got my CD I burned so I can listen to something other then BBC World while working tonight.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Happy BDay Lise!!!  Have a great weekend.

Scouts went to Archery tonight.  Always a blast.  Tonight, I tried to shoot a compound bow, but didn't have the arm strength to draw the thing back- it was set at 45lbs of force.,,,apparently too much for Elmo.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Yikes!

Dat's na goot.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
Happy BDay Lise!!!  Have a great weekend.

Scouts went to Archery tonight.  Always a blast.  Tonight, I tried to shoot a compound bow, but didn't have the arm strength to draw the thing back- it was set at 45lbs of force.,,,apparently too much for Elmo.

Elmo has many fine qualities to be sure - impressive arm strength is not one of them - look at those "pipe cleaner" pipes.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lise

Ah, thanks kids. Blesses all around.

Anyone heard about the Hedy gloves? Last week, we pulled them off the shelves because someone found pieces of fly on the gloves. Gross. Pity tho, I like those gloves.

Grad ceremony yesterday for all the doctors, pharmacies, dentists and hygienists. We watched everything online because we weren't allowed to participate. (had to work - pfffft) Never been prouder of those kids. Maybe one day little Lises will be walking down as an MD or DMD. *sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Wow Lil Me.   You're like the ultimate Renaissance woman.    

Lise

Archery is difficult. Tried it once - my arrows hit everywhere (ground mostly) except for the target.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Really ?  Well good job for trying anyhow Miss Lise.  I've never even touched a bow and arrow.  I AM a crack-shot with a sling shot though.  Does that count ? [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a035.gif" border=0]

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Really ?  Well good job for trying anyhow Miss Lise.  I've never even touched a bow and arrow.  I AM a crack-shot with a sling shot though.  Does that count ? [img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a035.gif[/img]

Sure that counts ....

I'm a crack shot with a sawed off shot gun - point in the general area - blammo - and you get your target everytime.  Plus the model I use has 8 rounds so if you miss the first 7 times the offending animal will be pretty darn close by the 8th round.

purelife

Was it your first time with archery, LM?  It looks difficult... I've never tried it as well, PC.  I also prefer sling shots and those pellet guns and water guns...

van_guy

purelife wrote:
Was it your first time with archery, LM?  It looks difficult... I've never tried it as well, PC.  I also prefer sling shots and those pellet guns and water guns...

What is it with the ladies and sling shots? crikey ... are we talking david and goliath sling shots or the forked stick with the rubber bands or the wrist rocket?

purelife

uhm, the latter, Van_guy.  I blame it on MrPL who purchased one a year or so ago.  

He also purchased that red laser pointer thingee.  That was fun.

I can't wait till lunch cuz us girls are heading out for lunch at a Thai restaurant... yummee... I think I'm going to order the cashew chicken curry....mmmm.....

Michel

Michel

|