So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

The other book had way more diagrams/pictures/figures and better exercise routines and explanations than this one.  And the other one is printed in Canada.  I prefer a Canadian biased book than US.  (no offense, I just live in Canada).  I should've checked the publication before I purchased the book...but the lady said it was a popular book.

Sportsdude

Okay, just next time it's better to say I just didn't like the book because it wasn't helpful instead of saying 'because its American' (which I understand, when I'm in BC I only buy Canadian centric things and I'm a stickler for Canadian spelling). It just might come off as condescending.  I have a bad habit of saying "Let me look up my Canadian number" when giving out cell numbers to places of business or for signing up for something. I don't mean to be rude when saying something like that, but my friend always gets on my case to drop these habits because they can be precieved differently.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Ohhhhh..I had no idea.  But it is because it's printed in the States.  It wouldn't talk about how the Canadian Medical systems work and how and when classes start.... but..uhm, okay.

anyways, what's for dinner?  I have to get some groceries tonight so that I can prepare a slow-cooked meal for tomorrow.

Sportsdude

AH, that makes a lot of sense. :)

No idea on dinner. Might make something again. There's frozen hungarian food in the freezer...

Lil Me

12 week ultrasound, purelife.
 And a glucose tolerance test around the same time.

ADD: Lotsa good books at the library.  No sense in buying them, just borrow as you need.

Here's an online local pregnancy resource:
 [a href="http://www.pregnancyplanningguide.com/PPG/home.php?browser=Netscape"]http://www.pregnancyplanningguide.com/PPG/home.php?browser=Netscape[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

MrPL would rather own the book than borrowing it.  I suggested the library once but that idea didn't go too well with him.  He didn't want to keep renewing and renewing....

ADD;  Thanks for the site.  That's a good one. :)  I'll check it out more indepth tonight.

Lil Me

*whispers*
 Mr purelife just likes buying books...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

It came out of his pocket... :)  

He was THIS close to buying that $30 book but decided to ask me first in case he gets in sh*t (from me).  Guess what my answer was?

And his book collection just keeps on growing and growing... he just brought one yesterday.

Lise

Purelife, you should have asked me about my What to Expect book. I could have sold you the book. If you like I have the next one in the series, What to Expect: The First Years for $15. I like both books, they were my Bible for the first year.

Salmon teriyaki tonight. Delicious!! Looking forward to Friday and Sunday. Out with friends for the big Lise's B'day. I'm getting younger! Yaaay.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

OH Miss Lise !!  A birthday coming up !  Yeayyyyyy.  Are you going to be 20 again ?  That's what I've decided to do this year.....I'm going backwards.  I think it gives one much more to look forward to.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Absolutely, I'm hitting the big 20 this year. Gonna party till I drop, man!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Ah, so now we know your bday is late late May. :)  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU LISE!

Sportsdude

Hahaha 20...

I've heard 25 is a good year.

Then again I'm a rifle .22

Happy Birthday Lise!

purelife

Time for bed...

have a good night SD and PC.

Michel

|