So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

van_guy wrote:
Van wrote:
^agree. Some days Canuckistan is overwhelmingly difficult...usually tax time...

Believe me after you've been to places like Mongolia, China, Vietnam parts of Africa you REALLY don't mind paying your taxes soooooo much.  To be able to go to a policeman and have him help you and not extort you - to be able to go to the doctor and he/she gives you reasonable care with reasonable equipment, having water in the taps that you can drink etc... not een talking about the social net ... tommorow you get hurt at work - you fill out a couple hunndred forms and you still get a reasonable sum of money that you can live on ... etc... don't even get me started on freedom of expression - being able to view the entire www, freedom of the press...

I'm not sure about Michel's view on this but sometimes i think that we as tax payers should pay for each separatist to visit africa or vietnam or ... and then they would realize that canada is a pretty damn fine place to be associated with.

Oh for sure. No argument from me. Just tax time I get frusterated LOL! Other than that, my life has been pretty sweet in Canada. Not much for me to compare to. I have been to Dominican, Cuba, Mexico, UK, Eastern and Western USA. I am always glad to come home after a visit.

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

[em][/em]

Van

Interesting read. Hey, as long as they share the real bagels, Quebec is ok with me.

Cabbage rolls for lunch, pear, veggies, and peanuts for lunch.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Sportsdude

lol about the traveling the world to see how lucky you are. I just want to feel closer to my ancestors in some capacity, it's still cheap to own an apartment in Budapest... lol

Morning!
Another awesomely beautiful day outside.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Maybe we can do a trade...what does BC have that Quebec doesn't?...OH! I know, signs that say "Best Place on Earth"...they are good quality signs too.  

P.C.

lol about the traveling the world to see how lucky you are. I just want to feel closer to my ancestors in some capacity, it's still cheap to own an apartment in Budapest... lol

Be careful what you wish for.  The people you wish to feel closer to are in the ground.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Van wrote:
Maybe we can do a trade...what does BC have that Quebec doesn't?...OH! I know, signs that say "Best Place on Earth"...they are good quality signs too.  
Made from recycled products including Pammy's bra.  100% organic and reusable.

Van

BC also has Nanaimo Girls! You really can't put a price on that!

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
[em]lol about the traveling the world to see how lucky you are. I just want to feel closer to my ancestors in some capacity, it's still cheap to own an apartment in Budapest... lol[/em]

Be careful what you wish for.  The people you wish to feel closer to are in the ground.

bwhahaha I didn't mean it like that.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Hey!  Tuna, grated veggies, trail mix, tomatoes for lunch.

Bit of mystery this morning--
 Workers found some guy lying on the ground with a gash in his forehead.  Don't know who he is or how he was injured.  Appeared to be about 6'2" and one of the rebar subcontractors.  They called 911 and had him taken away.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Yikes!  I heard that rebar is a very tough job.  MrPL wouldn't do it.

Shrimp pad thai for lunch.

Lil Me

Evening!  Salmon burger patties, salad, potato salad and steamed veggies.

What a great afternoon.  Heckyl and Jeckyl finished school early (1:30pm) due to Earthquake Drill.  Gloriously, no scheduled activities tonight, so we went on a bike ride before dinner.

The head cold is subsiding- my internal thermostat is off, and I'm waaaaay too sweaty and thirsty.  But the sinus congestion is clearing.  I think I've used an entire forest worth of kleenex this week.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

It was pretty awesome.  

|