So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lil Me

There are black bears here.  Not normally a "problem", except when they get too close to the school.  I think there are bears all over the suburbs- they wander down from the mountains and along the rivers.

Couple years ago, a bear walked into Zellers at the mall...through the truck loading dock.  That was a "problem".  lol

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

Black Bears have it easy. lol Saw them sitting on the side of the road around Port Hardy just chomping away, not really worried about anything.

Well, so much for trying to go back to Hungary (at least the village). It's still not safe for me because of my ethnicity and the people, basically everyone would know who I am and that means trouble. That's not stopping me though.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

What makes it unsafe and why would everyone in Hungary know you ?  That sounds kinda odd.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
What makes it unsafe and why would everyone in Hungary know you ?  That sounds kinda odd.

First I'd be doing this alone, I'd need somebody go to with me to diffuse anything that could happen...

Long story, complicated story, sad story.
Short of the matter I'm hated because I'm German. I'm lower on the food chain then the Roma people. We lived in towns that were all German and since we were seen as the people who caused all the Hungarians there problems. They forceably evicted us from our homes, put us on trucks and sent us off and were never heard of again.

I have to wait a few years for the people to die out. The people who are living in my family's home, would recognize my name in an instant and since they kicked us out at gun point...

Get it? I go, I go alone. I get beaten up by the older generation.

Budapest or the big cities are perfectly fine, but going into a village of 500 people is asking for trouble, still 65 years later.
Danube Swabians didn't get the right to vote until the 80s, weren't considered citizens until the 80s and only a couple years ago did the government declare that we were a recongnized minority group and will protect our culture.

fun eh?

P.C.

Exactly how would anyone know who you are ?  That doesn't make much sense to me.  (I thought you were American ???)

Sportsdude

My last name hasn't changed. My last name is all over that village, the people who moved into the houses remember names. etc.  

P.C.

Unless you plan on knocking on everyones' door and telling everyone your name, I'm pretty sure you would be fine.  

Sportsdude

I dunno, just everyone in my family is more or less pleading with me not to try to go there alone. I'll just make the pictures quick on the houses I guess.  

P.C.

Well that part makes sense.  Travelling alone is probably not the best idea.

*I must sleep. [img onclick="selecte('sleepy.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/sleepy.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

Yeah I was thinking I'd go around Hungary with this girl I know who know lives there...
Anyway this all isn't going to happen unless I get that year abroad in London (er 10mins outside of London but close enough) that's I'm shooting for or Holland for a year.

Lil Me

Morning!  *clutches coffee mug*
 Cloudy day so far...who knows what is in store for us.

Completely and utterly out of printer ink.
 Used the last drops last night.
 *stares at pile of empty printer cartridges*
 Off to the refill place I go.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Load em up with coffee.....they'll be good for at least another 100 pages. (in a lovely sepia tone to boot)

Good morning Lil Me.  Coffee good. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/nahrung/a065.gif" border=0]

It's sunny here right now, but it's looking iffy.

Lil Me

Morning P.C.

I'd love to load the printer cartridges with coffee.
 But my hand-eye co-ordination is seriously lacking in the morning.
 I'd pour pour coffee all over my desk.

|