So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Evening everyone.

Boy am I pooped from rowing.  Our Coach really worked us HARD doing many power 10's.  I'm gonna sleep excellent tonight!  

I didn't eat since 4:15 and for some reason, I'm not even hungry.  Just had cottage cheese with some peaches 'n cream corn and sesame seeds.

Oh dear LM... Michel keeps coughing at the monitor, spreading his germs.... I think PC's hand sanitizer will come in handy or maybe we'll need those wipes..... :)  Take it easy though....

Michel

P.C.

P.C. wrote:
Oh no !  You must give yourself time to recover.  

Michel wrote:  LOL I would love to recover, but I can't. Too much stuff to do.

THAT'S what I always say.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0][/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I'm not sick. phew.
Got out with my friend went to Piper's Lagoon talked about how our generation was the first consumerist oriented (not capitalist in the sense that we don't want to make a ton of money to be rich, we just want to make money so we can buy stuff) generation. Good times.
Anyway saw Ironman I thought it was great. It's the adult version of Spiderman, which is great. Tired of awkward teenagers pondering what to do with this mutation ability they've aquired.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

Michel wrote:
It's basically political anticommunist (this assuming the mainland government is "communist") propaganda based on the old Guomindang, religion being only used here as a facade.

Good night late in Vietnam.  

That's what i kinda thought ...
I've been to a few "communist" countries - china and vietnam to name two that are a lot less communist than canada.  if you are out of work in china - no unemployment no welfare - hope you have family or savings.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Van

^agree. Some days Canuckistan is overwhelmingly difficult...usually tax time...
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Van

Coffee and a mid week shave this morning. I was starting to look like the wolf man.

happy wednesday!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

van_guy

Van wrote:
^agree. Some days Canuckistan is overwhelmingly difficult...usually tax time...

Believe me after you've been to places like Mongolia, China, Vietnam parts of Africa you REALLY don't mind paying your taxes soooooo much.  To be able to go to a policeman and have him help you and not extort you - to be able to go to the doctor and he/she gives you reasonable care with reasonable equipment, having water in the taps that you can drink etc... not een talking about the social net ... tommorow you get hurt at work - you fill out a couple hunndred forms and you still get a reasonable sum of money that you can live on ... etc... don't even get me started on freedom of expression - being able to view the entire www, freedom of the press...

I'm not sure about Michel's view on this but sometimes i think that we as tax payers should pay for each separatist to visit africa or vietnam or ... and then they would realize that canada is a pretty damn fine place to be associated with.

P.C.

......sometimes i think that we as tax payers should pay for each separatist to visit africa or vietnam or ... and then they would realize that canada is a pretty damn fine place to be associated with.

Well said Van Guy.  I think we're pretty spoiled here, and we don't even have the good sense to enjoy being spoiled.  We seem to be becoming a nation of nit-pickers and complainers....as if that's what having 'a voice' is all about.

I'm not a world traveller....but I don't think I need to go very far to appreciate how lucky we are.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:  Well said Van Guy.  I think we're pretty spoiled here, and we don't even have the good sense to enjoy being spoiled.  We seem to be becoming a nation of nit-pickers and complainers....as if that's what having 'a voice' is all about.

I'm not a world traveller....but I don't think I need to go very far to appreciate how lucky we are.

Then you are wiser than i am - i needed to go to these places to figure it out. I could go on and on about things we take for absolute granted that really aren't that common in the rest of the world.

Lil Me

Morning everyone!
 Slept well last night, but I'm still not 100%
 Still *snort* snuffed ub.

Good coffee this morning.
 Fresh beans!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Good morning Lil Me.

I seem to be enjoying my coffee on a different level this morning.  It's tasting extra yummy for some reason.  Another beautiful sunrise.

I was expecting yesterday to be iffy with the weather.....Red sky at night, sailors delight....red sky in the morning, sailors take warning ?????  BUT it was a gorgeous day !

Lil Me

Some mornings the coffee is magical.  It's like hitting the ball with the sweet spot.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
Some mornings the coffee is magical.  It's like hitting the ball with the sweet spot.  

I hope you are discussing tennis or golf or something like that - any discussion of hitting balls makes the other gender a liilte leary

P.C.

Perfect analogy.....the sweet spot indeed.

Well this morning it truly is like the nectar of the Gods, and I'm enjoying every sip.  Then I think I will vacate the premises.  My wrist is still wonky, but if I stay here, I WILL go work in the yard, and it's just not giving it any chance to get better.  (whatever 'it' is)  The scary part is, that my other wrist is feeling 'twingey'....and I don't even want to think about what to do if they both go out.  Perhaps I will require a hand maiden.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c032.gif" border=0]

|