So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I did purelife.  Yummyyyyyy

The sun is lovely....getting ready to head back out there.  I keep getting dive-bombed by humming birds.....lol
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I wish I could outside, but I've got to do cleaning all day.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

SD....they have canned herring at the Old Country Market. Plus all kinds of other imported yummies....from everywhere.

Sportsdude

okay! well I know where I'm going now. thanks  

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
 I've been exposed to scandinavian food
 --

Please stop exposing yourself.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

How was Sci World, Lil Me?  Was was the theme?

What's for dinner?

I'm not too sure what I'm making yet...

Sportsdude

Lil Me

Soup, steamed veggies.

Sci World was a loooong day.
 Kids watched a movie on bugs in the rainforest- narrated by Judi Dench.
 Did a workshop on insects.
 Explored the galleries.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Science World sounded like fun.
I still haven't had any food today, moving stuff between dorms is a pain. I've still got to clean the other dorm, but tomorrow is May Day so I'm suppose to show up at this one event with the CUPE folks. So who knows when I'm going to be officially 'moved'. ugh.

P.C.

Will they be wearing their traditional costumes ?

[img class=illus title="Moira, Linda and Michelle, three of CUPE 570,000 members" alt="Moira, Linda and Michelle, three of CUPE 570,000 members" src="http://cupe.ca/updir/images/tn/lasttrio.sized.jpg"]

Sportsdude

haha very funny.
No its more of a social event, tell stories about May Day, or as the facebook description says: Potluck social gathering for all people who believe a better world is possible.

This event is going to be a good time but it serves an important purpose: to revive the tradition of May Day and to recognize the importance of the labour movement in the struggle for a just and equitable world. Then somebody is playing Peter Seeger songs.

I'll just show up, listen to stories, talk to dudes in suits, get my picture taken a few times. I'm not the best at these, the usual suspects will show up, crack jokes at me for being an American. A couple of people I am associated with always want to talk to me about how the states are ruining everyone's lives, it gets rather boring after a while and sad. lol

I stay clear of the whole SPP stuff, I'm more interested in provincial/local/neighbourhood stuff. Federal/International issues bore me. For example my friends are going to try to get permission to open up a community garden in South Nanaimo. I doubt the mayor and council will like the idea, but who knows. Your not going to solve world hunger by going to a rally in a town on an island for example. I don't get along too well with the guys doing this potluck. They're goofy. Revolution now crap. The girls have their own group and go to Paraguay each summer building homes for aborginals. Anyway my group is pretty much why the mayor is still in power. The people who vote are all split up into factions and are all bullheaded to the idea of uniting.

Not really my crowd, but I've got to show.

Lil Me

Some regular supermarkets have pickled herring- in the refrigerator section near the ham and bacon.  

Sportsdude

I went to Super Store, Save On, couldn't find anything.  

purelife

Good evening everyone.

Kept it simple tonight for dinner.  I made caesar salad with bacon bits and a burger.  I also baked banana walnut bread...yummeee! oh, and had a glass of red wine.

Sportsdude

I had a can of black olives, cheese and crackers and the last can of Lucky's.

|