So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

You can say that the job sounds interesting and the pay is higher.
 You can also say that you are looking for "a change" or "a new challenge" or something else that sounds positive.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Here's a new shirt to wear.  LOL

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I'd go with the just be honest and be upfront about it.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Thanks muchly LM.  

I sure hope that they are pleasant to hear about me moving to another dept and will give a good word.  I don't want to be caged here.  

Sportsdude

yeah the caged in feeling is bad news.  

P.C.

Heyyyyy  RUSS....I can see your sweet smiling face !!!  Where are ya ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

uhhh nanaimo's debating whether to build a dam tonight. Nanaimo wastes too much water. 13 million litres a day, and loses 4 million litres a day to leaks apparently. Home builders association scolding council for having old toilets. classic television.  

"The national average for water consumption is 320 litres per person per day," he said. "It's 600 for Nanaimo, and it grows in summer time to 1,200, which is absolutely stupid. We need to really examine what we're doing. We need to conserve water as a society, and if Nanaimo does, we wouldn't even need a new dam."- head of the home builders folks

Brian Clemens, Nanaimo's financial director, said the normal strategy for B.C. municipalities to cover the costs of growth is to transfer these costs to new developments.
"The more people that move here, the more water will be required," he said. - typical nanaimo government response. lol
[/p]
[a href="http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/business/story.html?id=19c30b0b-60f0-4012-b1c6-12688e9d1668"]Nanaimo be dammed  (my idea of a title for a paper)[/a]

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 Heyyyyy  RUSS....I can see your sweet smiling face !!!  Where are ya ?[/DIV]
 hey just getting online. im at teh hilton airport hotel in montreal. the flight leaving vancouver was late leaving, then just as we were about to take off we taxied off to the side and had some techs come out.. computer glitches ?!?

missed the connecting flight. and cause of that might miss the ship for the next week. find out tomorrow and might be flying home tomorrow

the beer here is expensive in here.. but the steak sandwich it good!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

ahh montreal... maybe next year.
have fun in the hotel.

Lil Me

RUSS!!!!
 Sweet if you get to ship home for a week. ScareCanada is finally good for something!

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
ahh montreal... maybe next year.
have fun in the hotel.

Thanks bud. Montreal is beautiful but I dont really have time to paint the town red this time. I like the closing times of the bars here.

Nanaimo is the same as any city.. government decides too late. They are really starting to look into water meters for us in vancouver. I myself think its a good idea, but we probably will be among the higher water users.  

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
RUSS!!!!
Sweet if you get to ship home for a week. ScareCanada is finally good for something!

Hey missy Lil Me! Hows my fine red furred friend?

I was actually impressed this time with ScareCanada. They had enough people helping wiht problems and managed to sort them quickly. The plane I was on was modern inthe fact that each person had the latest version of the individual movie/music/games seatback computer. I flagged down the stewardess (who was actually young) and asked, was told all the planes are getting or already have these. I was impressed.

Lil Me

That sounds good.
 Did they give you meal vouchers or anything because you are stranded?

Russ

Yeah.. a lunch, dinner, and breakfast voucher. including putting me up here at the Hilton.

I was hoping for more than 15 buck voucher for dinner but meh.. my company will pay the difference.

Lil Me

Sounds decent enough.  You just hanging out until you find out what's happening next?  

|