So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lil Me

Gotta run.  My dead relatives are waiting for me.

Have a great day, everyone!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

beautiful day out, people are flying kites. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

purelife

You could take a pic of Burrard skytrain station with all the blooming blossoms.  They're reeeel purdy.  :)

Good evening everyone.  Dinner is trout with asparagus and mushrooms and dinner rolls.  I just have to make it soon. :)

Michel

Lil Me

Aw.  Your camera is still sick? :)

Other parks with cherry blossoms:
 [a href="http://www.shuttermoments.ca/articles/sakura/ohanami.htm"]http://www.shuttermoments.ca/articles/sakura/ohanami.htm[/a]

What a day.  Cemetary was very crowded today.  Workers were on strike (yes, I crossed a picket line!) and managment was directing traffic one-way only through the cemetary.  We only had 23 stops there.  I had forgotten about how many relatives were cremated or are buried elsewhere.

Grandmother has begun the process of scattering ashes, as she had 3 urns in her closet.  The close relatives in the cemetary each got a scoop full today.  I asked her is she was planning to wash the plastic scoop (a  kitchen measuring cup) and use it for baking.  She never answered the question, but I'm pretty damn sure she is (?!).  Old lady never throws anything out!!!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Is this the same grandma that you'll trade for a grapefruit?  

Lil Me

hahaha.  I forgot I'd said that!

No, different grandmother...

Michel

Lil Me

Forget about the money for a minute.
 Would you be[span style="text-decoration: underline;"] sad[/span] if your camera could not be fixed?  Or would a new camera be just as good?  or better?

Michel

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Aw.  Your camera is still sick? :)

Other parks with cherry blossoms:
[A href="http://www.shuttermoments.ca/articles/sakura/ohanami.htm"]http://www.shuttermoments.ca/articles/sakura/ohanami.htm[/A]

What a day.  Cemetary was very crowded today.  Workers were on strike (yes, I crossed a picket line!) and managment was directing traffic one-way only through the cemetary.  We only had 23 stops there.  I had forgotten about how many relatives were cremated or are buried elsewhere.

Grandmother has begun the process of scattering ashes, as she had 3 urns in her closet.  The close relatives in the cemetary each got a scoop full today.  I asked her is she was planning to wash the plastic scoop (a  kitchen measuring cup) and use it for baking.  She never answered the question, but I'm pretty damn sure she is (?!).  Old lady never throws anything out!!!

LOL lil me on your grandmother.. I can empathize with that.

We did the relatives thing the week before on easter.. then her father called this weekend and asked if we were going.. we were a week early apparently. We also crossed a picket line.. I told the people sorry.. but respect for relatives takes precedence for me.

We had four stops ourselves.

And on that note... Im off tomorrow. I thought I had more time here but apparently I couldnt work it out with the office and the resultant email came confirming it yesterday. So I fly tomorrow and will be back beginning of June.

Take care all.. I should be on a few times while Im away but cant tell you how often or for how long, lol.

Im off to West africa again, and will be doing a drydock this time.. thought I missed it but guess not so fun fun for me :(

Play safe and dont do anything Russ wouldnt do :):)
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Have a safe trip, amigo.

Hey Michel, you should come to UBC. Apart from the stupid construction there are some really lovely spots around. Verrrrry pretty.

I'm so tired of this damn cold. Is it spring yet? How come it's sooo cold? Hailed yesterday again and frost on the ground. Lovely - not.

Got invited to the UBC dental ball. I'm not going for two reasons - it's bloody expensive (something like $85/person for a hotel that doesn't deserve to chage that much in the first place) and I'm going to Disneyland when it happens. Ack. I can't remember a time when I had to pay that much for a meal. I'll definitely go next year. It's really  nice to see the kids without their scrubs for a change.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Wow...that was rather an abrupt notice to get back to work Russ.  Look at it this way....at least where you're going it will be warm ?  Take care....safe journey....and we will look forward to hearing about the ship cuisine.

....and when are you off to Dizzyland Lise ?  Everybody has such exciting plans.

So WHO is on strike at the cemeteries ?  Do they really think anybody there is going to notice they're unhappy, they're already in a far better situation than most of the people there.  They should quit wasting the time they have left on the right side of the turf.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|