So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

if you want to call that racist, you can but its part of the culture I grew up in. Its the weirdest idea ever can mean both good and bad. but whatever

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphenated_American"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphenated_American[/a]

although its popping up here as well I keep seeing "Indo-Canadian" on tv these days.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Uhm... I never said it was racist nor in any way implying that you are racist, Sports. I don't think I can change how you perceive people or 'remember' them as you put it. I'm just letting you know you do run the risk of alienating yourself further by continuing along this path.

OK. I gotta run and fix dinner. Have a great rest of the day, SD.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
Uhm... I never said it was racist nor in any way implying that you are racist, Sports. I don't think I can change how you perceive people or 'remember' them as you put it. I'm just letting you know you do run the risk of alienating yourself further by continuing along this path.

Its only going to alienate me here, not in my life. In the "real world" the conversaton would of been "I just had dinner with a canadian couple from Finland, we sat around eating finnish food and listen to a couple students play jazz music."

P.C.

Hi everyone....crazy week.  I have been hungover since Thursday....I swear....and this from someone who doesn't get hangovers. Blahhhhhhh

Anyways...trying to hook up our old TV from the shop into the house now....as our power went out all day Sunday, and when it came back on, it blew out the big plasma !!!!!!  

SD....you know where I weigh in on this issue...we've chatted about this one a lot, so I won't say too much more.  Except to say, don't fool yourself that it won't have any affect in your real life or that the people here aren't living in the 'real world'.  You can call it anything you like that makes you comfortable, but defining people by their ethnicity IS bigotry.  Why can't you just say 'I had dinner with a really interesting couple"  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Aw.  P.C.  Hope you're on the mend.  My current remedy is oranges, strawberries, fresh juice.

Lise- aren't cha glad you're back on the 'net?!

Hope everyone had a good long weekend.

(and...uh..not to take sides on the "labelling people by ethnicicity" debate, I don't like it.  That's just me speaking from personal experience.  I'm a 4th gen Canadian, I don't speak the language of my heritage, not do I indentify with its cultural group.  Unfortunately, because I look like"xyz", that's how I am often classified.)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Yep, still leftovers for supper tonight. I stole half my sis's Easter dinner leftovers for my own fridge! heehee!

Oh, the stuffing...please, don't tell my mom, but my sister makes better stuffing....

...I take that back mom!!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Do you prefer "dry stuffing" or "mushy stuffing"?

I'll eat either....covered with gravy...but prefer dry stuffing.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

dry, but moist enough. She added mushrooms in them and I ate so much of it! I am not worried about calories, it is worth it!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

no dinner for me tonight, not very hungry. Still stuffed from last night. lol  

Van

I am off for a shower, I am sweaty and I smell expired! (sorry everyone..)

chat later.

P.C.

Easter dinner was Saturday night for us.  It was delish.....a group effort with a few of our neighbours.  Scalloped potatoes, ham, baked beans, corn bread and a monster green salad.

Trouble with eating at the neighbs, no leftovers.

So tonight is meatloaf !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Right you are, Ms. Lil Me.

I made some veggie lasagne which didn't go too well with me. Hubby thought it was great. I kinda threw everything when he wasn't looking. Ugh. I don't do lasgane well. Anyone got any tips???? I got a dinner this Saturday and I just KNOW I'm going to go out and buy store-bought one. At least there's no nasty surprises there.

Made French Toast with strawberries and sliced banana for dessert. A great hit with the kids. Thank the gods I can access the net for simple and easy recipes.

Bloody weird day today. It was hailing, raining and sunny all at once.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Oooh... sounds delicious, Ms. PC. How do you make scalloped potatoes? My experience usually comes from a humble box but I just know the real one is so much better.
Bill Cosby.

Van

ok, still stinky, but a quick hi to purelife, Lise, PC and everyone else.

now, off to the shower for sure this time....

purelife

Good evening everyone.

Hangover PC?  Hope you get better soon.  I'm with LM on the remedies of fresh fruit and juice. mmmm...fresh squeezed oj... my fav!

Of course we missed you Lise!

I quote LM "SD is our little bro!"

|