So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Hey SD!! Glad to hear that you like Victoria. It's a tad sleepy for  me but that's just me. It is definitely more relaxing than the busy buzz of Vancouver.

Did you really like the Noodle Box? I thought it was..... well, it wasn't as authentic as I thought it would be. My dish was a bit too sweet. The price you pay was damn outrageous but then again everything in Victoria was pricey. I guess that's what you get when you're in the middle of booming tourist spot.

We love Victoria for family vacation. We've been there every year since the wee ones were born but next year we'll probably try for the States for a change.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

gentle fawn

[span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]BST 2 GO 2 STAETS BFORA U NED A PASPORT[/span][br style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"][span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]
DO!1111!1!1 WTF U EAT ANYTHNG RAW RUS?!???!! OMG WTF LOL R TEH BONES THAR3??!?!?!!! OMG WTF DO U SE ANY EYES?!!?! LOL EWW GROS!!!!!!! LOL[/span]  

gentle fawn

[span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]CAN SOMEONA PLZ TAEK MAH ORDER FOR THES WUT FOR LUNCH THREAD????! OMG IMM STARVNG!!111!!1 OMG LOL LOL[/span]  

Lise

More torture for the fawn! How about a nice plate of juicy lamb chops?

Speaking of lamb chops, anyone know a good recipe for one? I do mine with oregano leaves, salt and pepper but it still taste like lamb to me. Kinda don't want that gamey taste in my mouth.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

gentle fawn

[span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]LMB SI BST S3RVAD WIT MINT[/span][br style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"][span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]PS!!!11!1! WTF LOL IMM A V3G3TARIAN[/span]  

gentle fawn

[span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]U ALSO NED R3D WIEN FOR UR LMB[/span]  

Sportsdude

actually I couldn't really tell if it was good or not. I was the dumb one in the group to try "suicide hot" sauce. yikes.

Yeah a couple people in my group were expecting to be blown away from all the "omg this is so great" buzz.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I haven't cooked lamb chops much Lise.....but for a rack of lamb (which I suppose is the same thing uncut), a rub of garlic, a little coating of Dijon and a roll in some breadcrumbs is scrummy.  

The butter chicken was delish.....a tad spicy for me, but I loved the flavour. I would definitely do it again.

Victoria IS nice.....a little too busy for me, but a pretty city for sure.  Glad you had a good time there SD.

And a good eve to you too gentle fawn.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Ack.  All this talk about food is making me hungry again!  Mmmmm.  Butter chicken.  Lamb.  Sushi.

No bones in sushi, my gentle fawn.  You don't need to worry about choking on any.

SD- glad you had a good trip to Victoria and back.

My dinner was not very exciting- a conglomeration of rice noodles, tofu, vegetables and tomato sauce.  It was quick and easy.  Then off to church (our congregation has a choice of Sat night or Sunday because the building isn't big enough).

Going to bed, I think.  *yawn*

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

It wouldn't be really hard to change Victoria from sleepy to a hot spot, especially with all those dockside condos being built.
Still love the city. I just stared out the window on the third floor at the royal bc thinking I wasn't in North America.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

gentle fawn

[span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]WUT??????! OMG NOBODY SI GONG 2 TAEK MAH ORDER?!!!?! OMG WTF IMM HUNGRY AND ITS PAST 9!!1!!1 [/span]  

P.C.

So sorry gentle fawn.....I'd send you some of mine, but with you being vegetarian and all....probably not such a good idea.

I just can't register Victoria as being a sleepy town.  I guess it is a little different in November than it is in August.  

gentle fawn

[span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]WOW LOTS OF PAOPLE HERE 2NIGHT!1!!1!!! OMG LOL [/span][br style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"][span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]GOD 2 KNOW TAHT THARES NO BONES IN SUSHI!!!1!!! OMG LOL HOW ABOUT TEH RAW SALMON AND TUNA?!!?????? WTF LOL[/span]  

gentle fawn

[span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 255);"]WEL IMM ONLEY A VEG3TARIAN ON MONDAY WEDNASDAY AND FRIDAY!!1111!! OMG 2DAY SI SATURDAY AND IMM NOT A VEGATARIAN!!!1!! OMG WTF LOL LOL SO PC SAND PLZ[/span]  

P.C.

So you're only a semi-vegetarian.  I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work.....lol

*sending some butter chicken your way gentle fawn.

|