So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Sorry Michel......   (it WAS yummy)

Another quiet night on DS.  Hmmmm.  

So a mere hour and a quarter for you ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Hi P.C. and Michel.

Thai food and halibut buffet. Mmmmmmm.

I had some leftover soup- turkey veg with barley.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

We had all you can choke down sushi with some of Starfish's co workers.

Then we went shopping to safeway cause it was close and open.. walked away with 100 bucks in not really needed stuff but nice to have. lol.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

crazy nigh in SD's world.
downside I'm broke and i need lunch money for victoria in 8hrs. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

JJ

Russ wrote:
 We had all you can choke down sushi with some of Starfish's co workers.

Then we went shopping to safeway cause it was close and open.. walked away with 100 bucks in not really needed stuff but nice to have. lol.

People think its the soya in a Japanese diet that prevents cancers, but soya isn't really that good for you.  It's the seaweed that prevents cancers, so keep on choking down that sushi!  

Lise

I'll take soy sauce on sushi anytime!! Can't have one without the other. Speaking of sushi, I'm gonna make some for tonight complete with miso soup, edamame and teriyaki salmon. Yummy. Looking forward for din din tonight.

Just got the flu shot on Thursday. Hasn't anyone gotten the flu shot before? I felt kinda... sick-ish the following day. Like Friday was just awful for me. I woke up feeling flushed and horrid, like I was sick but not sick enough to not go to work. And boy, did my left arm hurt like crazy. Now I don't feel like getting the flu shot next year.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

JJ

My company will pay for my flu shot, but I haven't got them for the last four years.  I have a very healthy immune system and don't feel I need it.  

Lil Me

I don't get a flu shot anymore either, JJ. My immune system is pretty good- frequent trips to the chiropractor and lots of raw food.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Lise wrote:
   Just got the flu shot on Thursday. Hasn't anyone gotten the flu shot before? I felt kinda... sick-ish the following day. Like Friday was just awful for me. I woke up feeling flushed and horrid, like I was sick but not sick enough to not go to work. And boy, did my left arm hurt like crazy. Now I don't feel like getting the flu shot next year.

I had mine of Friday, Lise. It was my third. The first one I had gave me reactions similar to your's, but the other two have been 'event free'.  

A fool's paradise is better than none.

JJ

So, lunch today is more interesting as I'm home.  Roast chicken on a freshly baked whole wheat roll with cranberry sauce.  mmm  good!

P.C.

Ooooo...sounds yummy JJ.  

I don't get the flu shots either.  I can count on one hand how many times I've had the flu in my whole life.....so I guess my immune system is working good as well.

Lise....we're finally going to try the butter chicken tonight.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I guess it's pretty normal reaction to feel a bit 'sick' when you're getting a flu shot. Different reaction for different folks, I guess. I'm sure it's a good thing to get a flu shot... I haven't been sick as often nor severely. *knock on wood*

JJ - if your company is paying for the flu shots, you should really get it. It's a good thing to get when someone else is paying for me. We get ours for free because we live with our in-laws who are over 60 or 65 years old. (can't remember what criteria). You also get it free if you're under 18 years old or have lifelong complications like diabetes.

I get mine because I work in a medical field.

PC - do let us know how your butter chicken went! Would love to hear all about it!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Judging by the fact that I was sick every single day in October, I think I need a flu shot. lol! :)))

Hey all, Just got back from Victoria, loved it!
Went to the museum, went to the noodle box for lunch, old spaghetti for din
Really, Really like Victoria wow are they in a builing like crazy. Much more then Vancouver it seemed and I didn't think that was possible.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|