So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Afternoon. I've heard of that film, "Into the Wild". It's got Oscar buzz all over it.

How is all today? It sure is a lovely day. Any plans for the weekend? I have to head out and get something from Home Depot. Our second sink is missing that damn washer and I need to replace it. I just hope I can find one similar.

So sleepy this morning. Had to catch the 8am train/bus to UBC. *yawn* I can't believe how much UBC has grown. It's like a self-sufficient community there. Nice.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

yup. UBC is its own little city. neat place.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Thick

Ah... the voice of experience. AGAIN!

Lil Me

Hey!  Have a good weekend everyone.

Leftover rice, stirfried veg, tofu and tuna for lunch.

Finally got my hair cut this morning.  (it was getting bad).  Ok...back to work.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Evening everyone! Hope everyones having a good weekend. Er, starting to have a good weekend.

The job we were prepping heavily for the last week has been cancelled until further notice now. So we are wondering what make work projects we can come up with.

Lunch was some sort of curry, salad, and rice/ potatoes. Dinner was, um, I really dont know but there was coleslaw, salad, potatos and two trays of unidentified meats and stuff with it. We discussed what it was for the half hour we were in the messroom. The cakes were good. We knew they were banana and chocolate respectively.

Played Texas Holdem again with the guys.. lost another ten bucks. lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Ahhh....the good ol mystery meat.

I didn't think you ever ran out of 'make work' projects on a boat.  Aren't they neverending?

Maybe you guys should play Texas Holdem for cakes.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

HA! Thats true. The projects ARE neverending.. its deciding the ones that use the least amount of effort.

The mystery meats are getting more and more these days.. The company we are getting the food stuffs from is questionable.

Texas Holdem is no fun without a bit of money and big group of people swearing at each other.

purelife

Hey RUSS!  Did you lose anything else beside 10 bucks during the game?  Do you have a poker face?

Lunch was chilli and an apple.  

Pics, Lil Me?  

I hope that it's sunny this weekend because I would love to visit Granville Island.  There's this place in the Market that sells natural soups (no preservatives) for $6.50.  Can feed two.  My coworker was telling me that they taste awesome. :))

Russ

Heya Miss Purelife. Nope kept all the other little unimportant thingys when played Texas Holdem.

no preservatives? If its healthy it probably tastes terrible. Just go have a big juicy dripping burger instead from a healthy establishment like burger king or mcdonalds.

Lil Me

Don't listen to Russ.  Healthy soup is good food!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Nothing from McD is healthy... not even their salads.

No luck, purelife. Forcast says it's gonna rain like crazy. Unless of course, Russ does a naked dance and then we might stand a chance of seeing sunshine.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

lol Lise. Well, if it helps its rainy season here, and its raining almost all the time. Maybe Im taking some of the rain away?

Lise

Good news! I GOT THE JOB!!! OMG. Wasn't that fast? It was sooo unexpected. The interview at UBC in the morning and I just got the call that I've been accepted.

OMG. Just over the moon now!!! SO HAPPY!! As of right now, I'm distributing bless points throughout the weekend. Thank you all for your support. If we could meet right now, I'd buy everyone a cuppa tea!

LOVE YOU TO BITS!!

I start next week so you won't be seeing Lise around as much. I'll miss you all though. *sniff sniff*
Bill Cosby.

Sawdust

Fantastic Lise, good for you! What a great start to a Thanksgiving weekend.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

P.C.

[FONT size=6]OMG !!!!!  GOOD GIRL !!!![/FONT]

I couldn't be happier for you Miss Lise !!!!  Cheers !!!!

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|