So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Woah, on the news already

News1130

[A href="vny!://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20070920_181737_4604"]vny!://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20070920_181737_4604[/A]#  

purelife

Michel, save this number in your cell!  604-953-3333.  At the prompt, press '0' to bypass the automation and get transferred to an agent, hopefully to one with a sexxxy voice. ;)

Sportsdude

yikes

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the t [TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ou[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]det[/TD] [TD]r[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]ext below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ou[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]det[/TD] [TD]r[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT type=hidden value=29886b8bd42bc1a890c2f668e9cfdcfe name=sauce_check][INPUT size=10 value=de name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

lol i walked through main and hastings.

Michel

Michel

wyk

Sportsdude wrote:
probably either

A) heart attack from the long wait lines

B) somebody is pregnant

C) hit by train

doubt its the murder.[/DIV]
 Doll, it's either C or (D) murder (yes, people die at public transit stops in Vancouver--you're not in Kansas anymore, Toto).  Skytrain won't close down if it was a heart attack or someone in labour as that's a scoop and run.  It stopped because something happened on the tracks.  

Hope you guys get home okay, albeit a bit late.  Sad to hear things like this where people die this way, such as in Calgary like SD said.

wyk

Michel wrote:
This corner is the shame of this country. Drive there at 10 pm and you'll seebetween 500 and 1000 crazy homeless pepole there. Worst town in North america.

Yups, I'm so glad I don't live in Van any more.  The homeless and panhandling is out of control now.  The last time I lived there I was accosted many a time, even followed, by panhandlers yelling swear words at me all because I wouldn't give them any money.  I can tell you on one hand the number of panhandlers I see going to and from work here in SK.  Ah, the peace.

Sportsdude

lol! in saint louis cops carry guns and then when the "terror alert" is raised they carry around automatic weapons. LOL

funny when I was in Vancouver I didn't see a cop anywhere and I still felt very safe. Even at Main and Hastings.  

Sportsdude

wyk wrote:
Michel wrote:
This corner is the shame of this country. Drive there at 10 pm and you'll seebetween 500 and 1000 crazy homeless pepole there. Worst town in North america.

Yups, I'm so glad I don't live in Van any more.  The homeless and panhandling is out of control now.  The last time I lived there I was accosted many a time, even followed, by panhandlers yelling swear words at me all because I wouldn't give them any money.  I can tell you on one hand the number of panhandlers I see going to and from work here in SK.  Ah, the peace.

i really didn't think it was bad, honestly. Just a bunch of helpless folks who are lost sitting on a corner. Its more depressing then "bad" imo.

Michel

Sportsdude

Actually I spent 15 to 20 minutes at the place. Non druggies were talking to druggies. Its depressing its not urban decay or demoralizingly scary bad where you lock your doors and drive quicker. (although I've heard the back alleys are)

looked like a normal st. louis neighbourhood to me.

P.C.

It's all in the eye of the beholder SD.  It's more that just a visual cess pool.....it's reputation is long and old.  Not only would I not walk in that part of the city.....I don't even like driving through there.  

Probably there are parts of town where you come from, that without knowing the history may not appear to be as bad to an out of towner as to those who live there and know it.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

I know Michel.  I was born and raised in Vancouver and that area was nasty even when I was a kid.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|