So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

[a href="http://www.geocaching.com/"]http://www.geocaching.com/[/a]

It's totally fun.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

That's interesting.  Looks like it could be a lot of fun.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I was afraid you'd send me there.  That stuff is Greek to me.  

Are these organized events ?    Help me understand this.  ( I don't mind if you talk to me like I'm an idiot....I really don't get it )      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

I thought she went digging for gooeyduck

Sportsdude

well I'm off to the last house party before school starts. lol I think we've all partied ourselves out so that when school starts we can focus on school. lol

Had another break in today, my new zealand friend lost all his stuff the 14 year old took it all. After today I'm seriously considering changing majors to criminology. shit I figured everything out before rcmp folks showed up a couple hours later.

Its the same kid doing this. He broke into my friend from Nigeria's room last week. And another room the week before. Always on the weekend. They caught him with the nigeria's guys stuff but they can't do squat.

Apparently because he's "14" they can't do anything, too young. lol In my country they've tried 14 year olds with the death and 9 year olds get life.

Then I was told if I put just a finger on him, I'm the one that gets in trouble not the thief. The RA said because of laws or something I'd get deported for stopping a crime. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I love treasure hunts......so this sounds right up my alley.  But I'm clueless as to how you get in on this.  Is this just for kids ?  (rofl)

Lil Me

SD- hope you and your stuff stays safe
 49er- haha!  No gooeyduck here.
 PC- the caches are set up and hidden already.  So you just need to find one listed in your area and get going!  Good to bring a couple of small trading items to leave behind (ie golf ball, magnet, souvenir pen, small toy, whatever).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I love treasure hunts......so this sounds right up my alley.  But I'm clueless as to how you get in on this.  Is this just for kids ?  (rofl)[/div]--
 No no...they're for everybody!

P.C.

So anybody can do it....any time ?  (sorry I'm sounding so thick about this)  I find it fascinating.....and equally as fascinating that I've never heard of it before.

Sportsdude

I should be fine. I'm away from the city park trail the kid uses. When I ask if people use guns to rob people like they do in missouri and they said no. I was like hmm I could seriously scare the crap out of this kid. But I can't touch him. bs

If somebody tried to steal my stuff they'd be a bit crazy. I'm on the highest floor in my building plus somebody is always in my condo.

and I'd personally hunt them down. That alone should be a deterent.  hahaha
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
So anybody can do it....any time ?
 --
 Yes, you're totally right.  If you really enjoy finding the geocaches, you can create your own new ones and post the details to the website!

P.C.

I just told hubby I'm cancelling out on the weekend at Painters Lodge.....I'm going geocaching......rofl.

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I just told hubby I'm cancelling out on the weekend at Painters Lodge.....I'm going geocaching......rofl.[/div]--
 Aha!  With your refund, you will be able to purchase a lifetime supply of geocache supplies: plastic containers, notebooks, pencils and dollar store toys!!!

kitten

Somehow that seems to lack the ring of truth, P.C.  Quite fishy, indeed!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Refund ?

*Hubby just laughed.  He knows I'm a sucker for a treasure hunt though.  I'm so glad you posted about this Lil Me.  I will definitely be looking into it.  

|