So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Oh man I love havarti cheese.    I had left over spaghetti.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Me too PC.  Boy oh boy could I eat the entire package in one sitting, but that's just too extreme. :)))

Speaking of spag, I've got to make some soon because my jars of spag sauce are expiring in Nov.

P.C.

German butter cheese is right up there with Havarti.  I have to behave myself when the Havarti comes out.....LOL

purelife

My hair stylist has one of these at their home.  It's the best thing that I've ever seen.  I'm going to get this for my guy's grandparents as 'xmas gift and hopefully, can get one for myself.  You drop essential oils in the water and then, it starts bubbling and steam comes out.  It smells just absolutely wonderful!  

[span style="font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial Narrow;"][div align="center"][span style="font-family: Garamond; font-size: 18pt; font-weight: bold;"]
[/span][span startcont="this" style="color: rgb(39, 177, 39); font-family: Arial Narrow;"][img alt="" src="http://www.saje.ca/site_assets/www.saje.ca/images/dynamic/nebulizer_pic_web.jpg" align="right" border="0"][span style="font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(39, 177, 39); font-family: Garamond;"][span style="font-family: Garamond; font-size: 18pt; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(75, 146, 75);"]Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Nebulizer[/span]
[/span][/span][/div] [p class="MsoNormal" style="font-weight: normal;" align="center"][span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: tahoma;"][span style="font-size: 10pt;"]Attractively combines essential oils, soft blue light, and [/span][u1:p][span style="font-size: 10pt;"]cool mist to deliver superior therapeutic diffusion.[/span]

[span style="font-size: 10pt;"]May also be used as an air purifier or humidifier. Diffusion strength can be adjusted to suit different needs. Energy efficient[span style="font-size: 10pt;"] [/span]and d[/span][span style="font-size: 10pt;"][span style="font-size: 10pt;"]igitally programmed to operate up to 5 continuous hours. A wonderful way to bring clean, fresh air into your living space![/span][/span][/u1:p][/span][/span][/p][/span][/span]

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
from my experience in the states and from what I've seen. If you're not in a union you end up getting laid off or demoted. lol  
    Not true.  Its federal law that you cannot loose you job because you take mat. leave

P.C.

That's cool purelife.  I've never seen one of those.  I think I'll look into it.  I love the lampberger, but it costs a fortune to burn.

*Sometimes I think SD thinks that Missouri IS the United States......lol  

P.C.

hmmm maybe but I've known people who get their job back but then end up getting replaced and having to go a different direction.

It occurred to me that maybe it should be added, that although you are entitled to your job back.....you are not guaranteed that job permanently.  Some employers may find that an increase of 'days off' that may required by a new mom.....or whatever the case may be, are not in keeping with that guarantee.  So in the same vein that an employee is guaranteed their same position, job description etc......they are also obligated to perform the job to an equal standard as before they took Mat leave.  

Anything beyond that is dependant on the personal tolerance of the employer.

Lise

Hi!

Yeah, I know that they have to keep my job open till the end of the month, it's the law but I've told them that if they want me back that they would have to get part-time position for me. So far, they've tried but they couldn't find a person to job share with me. It's weird because there must be tons of CDAs out there who would do this no problem. I think my dentist just prefers to find someone who can work full-time.

Anyways, after I told them I wasn't interested, they found someone to replace me full time. Then I guess I panicked and said I can come back if they're still interested but it's ok if they won't offer it to me. Part of me hopes they won't because it'll force me to look somewhere closer and more flexible. I'm sure that I will be able to do my job. It's just that after 1 year of not working, I feel so out-of-the-loop.

My goal is to continue working with them for a bit then look elsewhere. Once I get my skills up to par and become more confident I'll do something else. Trouble is my work is not a bad place and it doesn't feel like work. I'm only concern about spending time with the kiddies and working Saturdays which sucks.

Then I'll miss you lot too much.................... *sob*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

i'm exhausted. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Evening everyone.  I'm tired, too- SD.

Safeway deli chicken tonight.

Mr LM and Heckyl & Jeckyl made blackberry freezer jam.  Spent the day geocaching and picking blackberries.  Found 2/3 geocaches.  Totally convinced that the one we couldn't find no longer exists.  We dug around for 2 hrs in the correct location and not a sausage.  Oh well.  Fun day, anyways.

Bedtime soon.  Having breakfast early tomorrow with an old friend (+his new wife and 2 kids).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Lil Me....pardon my ignorance....but what is geocaching ?

kitten

I'm curious too.  I've never heard the term.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

It's a treasure hunt using GPS (or compass) coordinates.  Usually there is a plastic container hidden somewhere with some small items to trade and a log book.  The cool thing is that some of the items are trackable- for instance, we picked up a tag today and entered the code into the website- it started in Wisconsin, went to NY and now it's in BC.

It gets us out of the house and running about.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I just googled it.  It's a treasure hunting 'game'......tracking treasures by GPS.  I've never heard of this before.  I thought Lil Me was just being fancy.....and they were out collecting rocks.....lol

This sounds VERY cool !  How do I play ?  

P.C.

Where....how....do you start, Lil Me ?

|