So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Kecap manis translated from Malay/Indonesian literally means 'sweet sauce'. You gotta be careful though, it packs quite a load of calories. I usually use it when stir-frying noodles.

Those rice cakes certainly look interesting. Hmmm.... totally forgot that they had a Taiwanese festival at the Plaza of Nations. I was thinking of going there. Food is always a good cause to go to.  I like the rice cake with red beans in them, good stuff.

Moon festival is coming up. T & T is stocking up on the stuff. Gosh, I love eating them! I might buy one today because they're so delicious.

It' just too bad they're loaded with calories as well.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Hey Lise, P.C., SD!

Kinds rainy and drippy here today.  Just coffee so far.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Yeah I shopped at Harewood. And then last night I walked to the Queen with two indian guys I met at now 2 nights ago at a party to meet up with other people I know the dutchies. lol
last night it was the japanese kid the group hangs out with birthday, night before, new zealanders birthday.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Good morning Ms. Lil Me and SD and everyone else that's lurking.

Yeah, wet and horrible day. Sucks. We have errands to run today and I haven't even had anything to eat yet. Hmm... coffee looks inviting right about now.

Gonna have a hot pot dinner tonight with friends. Yummy! All I need to get are some fresh veggies and some fish fillets. Can't wait. We're gonna break in the new hot pot gas stove that I bought from the Crystal Mall.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

its raining outside? lol *opens curtains*
holy, I can't see the mountains.

Lil Me

SD-sounds like a wonderful time you're having.

Lise-have a great hot pot dinner!

Gotta run.  We're geocaching today and I'm still in my jammies.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

OH BOY ....HOT POT.....seems like a great day for that !!!!!

SD....Harewood is just over ONE kilometer from where you are, ya goof....not 10  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Sounds like you've got a regular united nations there at Malaspina SD.

Sportsdude

apparently back home, Tigger doesn't want to go outside. You have to force him and then he imediately sprints under the house. Family thinks he saw a coyote. So he's being a big baby. lol  

P.C.

Maybe he misses his big brother.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
OH BOY ....HOT POT.....seems like a great day for that !!!!!

SD....Harewood is just over ONE kilometer from where you are, ya goof....not 10

lololol
its uphill coming back so add 3kms. lol

Sportsdude

maybe. Grandma is saying its too quiet in the house now. lol
I think they all want me to come back. Not happening.

P.C.

That's true.  Nanaimo kilometers are longer.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c025.gif" border=0]  

Sportsdude

plus I was carrying 4 bags and a 12 pack of diet coke, in the heat.

I asked where they were selling the beer at the grocery store. what aisle. LOL!
Milk is cheaper here.

Sportsdude

OH and I almost forgot, I'm only going to be car-less this semester. I'm bringing the big white bonneville up at christmas.  

|