So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

lol but you must understand I'm at work...

oh never mind, Idon't believe you SHOW ME !!!

Sportsdude

yeah I know all of these places from listening to Habs games on the net. The english broadcast CJAD is sponsored by Dagwoods and CKAC the french broadcast (i like the french broadcast better) always has St-Hubert's commercials.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Michel

Here Purelife, look I'm strangling myself as a punishment for being so bad.  

Sportsdude

yeah although I think the ckac guys are on sugar highs when broadcasting the game. On the flip side the cjad guys need some coffee. Plus the cjad internet feed is on a 5 minute delay practically. And ckac is in real time.  

Michel

CKAC on sugar, lol, I can imagine...

Reminds me of a kid joke from Montréal (if you understand French you'll get it) :

What noise does a radio makes when it crash on the ground ?

CKAC (pronouced "c'est cassé" - means it's broken)

*Tadam Tshciiii*

Thank you thank you

Sportsdude

yeah when the habs scores the announcers start acting like fans and go 'OOOOHHH' "aaaaahh'

its quite comical.

but its really funny how different the broadcasts are done. Plus CJAD doesn't use mics in the crowd so you get that they're broadcasting in a echo-y room feeling.

You've got to have the crowd mic'd or any tv/radio broadcast is not fun to watch or listen to and you'll end up falling asleep. But that's like the first thing they teach you in sports production broadcasting.

Michel

its quite comical

Ahah yep thats part of the folklore !

Sportsdude

yeah those goofy montrealers. I swear the team can't get any good free agents because they don't want to hear from the tabloid french media who are so bored in the winter they ask why you don't speak enough french. I see those at least twice a year. French Media is bored. Montreal needs a basketball team or something so they don't undermine the hockey team. lol  

Michel

They had the Expos, gone, nobody was going to see their match, and indeed, nobody was speaking really French in the team. Basketball ? Forget it, people don't like it. Hockey is religion there. Soccer seems lately to have a bright future however thanks to the multiethnics communities of Montréal.

Michel

Have fun discovering French-Canadian culture.

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hockey_Sweater"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hockey_Sweater[/A]      

Michel

This explain this bill...

Sportsdude

yeah soccer has a future there. They're waiting to build a new stadium for a future MLS team eventually but they need money from "Ottawa". Another thing I've never figured out. Why are they waiting around for money from Ottawa. Its called being able to be self sufficent, raise the money to do it yourself, lol, don't let "ottawa" dictate you.

It took me two years to figure out why a social democrat pro-federalism/canada would vote PQ. A guy I know from Montreal told me not all PQers were pro-Quebec but believed in everything else. lol I was like never, I don't believe it. Now I understand. I can separate the two. lol

That said the PQ is a mess and a bit full of themselves.

Lise

Dibs on purelife's bra!!!! I get the one that's edible.

Late afternoonie, folks. Almost countdown to BBQ. Hmmmm..... I'm salivating already. My big ass prawns are sitting pretty in the refrigerator after being marinated with soy sauce, garlic, ginger and lemon juice. Lise Jr. went 'eeeeowww - those are gross heads.' Ah well. She won't know what's missing.

For dessert I think we're getting cake courtesy of my mother-in-law. She always bake the most delicous butter cake topped with raisins. And I've just completed cups of orea cookie ice cream on the side.

Is anyone hungry yet?

What's with Canadia hockey? Meh. I don't get the game.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Edible bra from PL ?

*drooling*

lol

|