So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

The whole Cho telling about the room never happened in the book. It was a different character.
Dobby tells Harry about the room not Longbottom finding it.
[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differences_between_book_and_film_versions_of_Harry_Potter_and_the_Order_of_the_Phoenix"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differences_between_book_and_film_versions_of_Harry_Potter_and_the_Order_of_the_Phoenix[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I didn't read the book.  I couldn't get into her third novel.  I know that books are almost always better than the movie.

But, we made up for it by renting some movies from Blockbuster.

That night, we watched The Bridge to Terabithia.  OMG, awesome Disney movie.  I was balling my eyes out... what a SAD SAD movie but with a great moral to it.

Lil Me

Evening everyone!  I don't like saunas or steam rooms for more than 5 mins.  Too stuffy.  I think a sauna is usually "dry" and a steam room has...steam.

Picked up more treasures from my parents' house (tonight's A+ find was a set of dark solid wood salad bowls from the 1970s- including the large serving bowl!!!).  Watched boats while chewing through a bubble tea at Lonsdale Quay (sore jaw now!) but never made it to the evening concert at Ambleside...Heckyl and Jeckyl too busy playing at my parents' house.

Watermania sounds totally fun!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Chewing bubble tea?   Was it the pearls?  Hey, which flavor do you like, Lil Me?

Your boys would've LOVED Watermania out in Richmond.  I've never been to one before and we are definitely going back there again very soon.  I spent more time having fun than actually swimming some laps.  Ah well....

Sportsdude

Yeah they left out mentioning the locket at the Sirius's house. I don't know how they're going to get away with it for the next movie its one of Voldemorts hortocuxes.  

Sportsdude

holy crud they've got a huge lap pool.  

purelife

Are you talking about WaterMania, SD?  I agree, their lap pool is huge, much larger than Canada Games pool. :))    

Lil Me

I had pineapple bubble tea with pearls.  And I've been feeling slightly ooky ever since.  Could be that, or the weird combination of foods I've ingested since then, or the ancient remnents from my parents' liquor museum.  ("You don't want WINE with dinner?", says my mom?  "No, I'm trying to drink up the dribs and drabs", says I as go to the garage in search of the cheap Scotch.  Why waste the good stuff when you can drink dreck?)  Now I'm at home drinking an airline bottle of Newfoundland Screech with really  flat Pepsi.  It's ooky.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

yes watermania.
did a google search

that's it right?

purelife

Yikes Lil Me.  I hope that you get to drink some good stuff soon to make up for that.  Russ can hook you up with some expensive scotch.   Trust me on this one.  ;)

Yep, that's the one SD.  I loved the wave pool.  

Sportsdude

looks awesome.

that's nanaimo's.

P.C.

Good morning everybody.

So....is what is the weather doing over there?  A wee bit dismal here.....which suits me fine.  I don't want it to be too hot today.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Good morning!  It's overcast right now, but these clouds will probably clear off as the day goes on.  I'm having my morning coffee transfusion.  For some unknown reason the coffee tastes extra good today.  Maybe it's because I don't have to work today.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Sometimes the same coffee can taste better on a day off....lol

Well...I'd best go throw some laundry on and give the vacuum cleaner a tour of the house.

See ya later.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Devil

G'morn!

weekend was sooo HOT! We were at Moyie Lake camping...er, if you can call it that, in a friends RV. Really, just needed a place to crash because we didn't go more than 10 metres from the water all day. It was about 38 all weekend.

My tan is darker than ever.

That water was so beautiful! We even BBQ'd supper, right by the water.

|