So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I guess on the plus side, it will be good for staving off a few forest fires.  One of my biggest fears here.  I'm hoping it means for a good July and August and maybe an extension of good weather into the fall?  I'm thinking we've earned it. (well not really, but it would be nice)

Nice little lull at work?  Is this the calm before the storm? (that reminds me of Luba......what ever happened to Luba !!.......lol)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Devil

Luba hey? That is someone I forgot all about for about 2 decades now. Wow! flashback to neon, acid wash, and Rambo!

Little slow at work. I might take a day off this week to catch up on yard work at home.

You know what is crazy? I am scheduled to go to South Florida for more meetings in the mid summer. Late July to early August. I will be one sweaty Devil! ha!

P.C.

Seems like a natural that you'd go somewhere HOT! (for more reasons than one.....heeheeeee)

Devil

When I see the handle "P.C." I get pretty hot!

LOL!

Chat laterz. Have a good morning.

Russ

Well, Lunch was salad, chicken noodle soup, and deep friend fish and potato's.

Dinner was about half an hour ago and was lamb with a side of some sort of noodles, salad and coleslaw. Washed down with some unamed orange juice, lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

You gotta love a deep friend.

Only shortly after breakfast here, so lunch hasn't entered my head yet.

So is there a good cook on your ship?  I don't know how things are now, but it used to be that some of the best cooks ended up working on the boats.....from tugs to freighters.

Russ

LOL! I missed that one.. good catch miss PC.

The THREE cooks onboard with one messman are ok.. Nothing to rave about, but overall pretty good. I have no complaints.. most of the food is pretty healthy and good. Im not getting any fatter so thats a good sign.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Is this ship run in the way, that food is not available except for the 3 meals a day?  I know some used to be.....good for the waistline I suppose, but failed to meet a lot of different needs.

Well, we sure 'miss your face'.  Kind of hoped to see the lovely Starfish drop by for a visit with us here.

Sportsdude

Good afternoon lunchies, what's for lunch? I'm getting ready to do my afternoon swim.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

I missed Russ AGAIN.  Darn.

Wassup?  I'm sneezy today.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

*hands lil me a box of tissues*

oh nothing going on here, just waiting to go swimming, just ate a couple minutes ago.

forumla1

iz dat the only thing you do sportsguy?  go swimming?

Schadenfreude

forumla1 wrote:
iz dat the only thing you do sportsguy?  go swimming?

No, in his one word answers, he eats and sleeps too.

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Sportsdude

pretty much, that and school/immigration related things.  

Lil Me

Has anyone eaten anything good lately that they can recommend?  I'm tired and my ideas are running out.  I miss Lise.  She always has something good cooking!  

I've fallen into the frozen food trap lately.  You go to the store when you're tired and hungry, and all the frozen entrees look so tasty and instantaneous, and the prices aren't that bad either.  You go home and microwave them, and they just don't deliver on taste, quality, or satisfaction.  (ok- I just realized this sounds like an essay on cheap sex...)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|