So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Hmm.... always wondered about those bento boxes at Superstore. Have you tried the Indian Curry Rice ones by President Choice? Not too shabby but the portions were too small.

Went to T&T yesterday to buy rice. Egad! I didn't think rice would be this pricey. Remind me to grow my own rice field paddy one of these days. Everything is so damn expensive these days. *sighing*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

stretchedout

Best to buy organic brown rice by the 25lb sack.  Go to Proorganics Sat morning at Willingdon north of HWY 1.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Lil Me

I'll hafta check that out.  I have a big sack of brown basmati that was cheap at Save On (less than $10).  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Totally off topic, but I think that nowadays, the word "organic" is so over-rated and over-used.

Sportsdude

yup anybody can put 'organic' on labels it seems today.
Somehow organic has become 'home grown' down here. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

There were "organic" walnuts.  I was like 'WTF?'!  Walnuts are grown in shells and are protected.  Perhaps they were washed in organic water?

Sportsdude

in that case pesticides weren't used.
Hence 'organic'

I rather by my food at a local orchard/farmers market.

Lil Me

What's for Lunch?  Jeckyl and I had Greek take-out.  Chicken, rice, potato, salad and pita platter.  *burp*

Ok.  Back to packing for camp.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

have fun in Beachcombers land!
I had tomato soup and olives, I'm still rationing food off trying to save money for my move.

Lil Me

Do your parents charge you for groceries at home?  Or can you eat whatever you want from the kitchen?  

Sportsdude

I usually buy my own groceries. But right now I'm just eating my food and canned soup that never gets eaten.

forumla1

mmmmmmmm...hummous with pita, cous cous and chicken... YUMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!

Lise

Best ever humus..... Habibi's on W. Broadway. Yum!!!

Worst ever! Store-bought from Save-On Foods. Eecky.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Schadenfreude

Lil Me wrote:
Hello lovely people!

Heckyl and Jeckyl ate the Stupidstore brand Bento Boxes for dinner tonight (nuke for 4 mins).  Salmon teriyaki, rice, veggies and a vegetable gyoza.  They loved them.  Quite a bargain at $3.50 each and healthier than fast food, when you need to eat in a hurry.  Cute little compartmentalized dish and
[FONT color=#0000ff]comes with a pair of chopsticks.
[/FONT]

I chowed down on leftovers.

Chopsticks are the stupidest way to eat something, especially rice, ever!
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

I wouldn't say that they were the stupidest way to eat......although it's one thing I never mastered well.  I have Forkchops.....I'm much better with these.

[A onclick="return amz_js_PopWin('http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0009V1BF8/ref=dp_image_0/104-7115877-9167146?ie=UTF8&n=284507&s=kitchen','AmazonHelp','width=700,height=600,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,toolbar=0,status=1');" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0009V1BF8/ref=dp_image_0/104-7115877-9167146?ie=UTF8&n=284507&s=kitchen" target=AmazonHelp][img id=prodImage height=280 alt="ForkChops, Black" src="http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/313PD5J83KL._AA280_.jpg" width=280 border=0][/A]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|