So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I must try that, even though it does sound like a waste of perfectly good halibut.

Would halibut fondue be good?  Hmmm..

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

I recall my mother simmering chunks of halibut in milk and butter.  At the time I thought it was good, but I had nothing to compare it with so I can't say for sure.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

49er

P.C. wrote:
Back.

Lil Me....you must try halibut boiled.  It's soooo yummy.  Cut into bite size cubes and drop them into boiling water.   Drizzle with a wee bit of melted garlic butter.  (or dip like lobster)  

It's called poor mans lobster, and it's awesome.  

I was a little nervous to toss perfectly good halibut into boiling water, but it was delectable.  It's very fast too.

[DIV style="COLOR: #772222"]Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar to each quart of water. Bring to boil. Drop in bite sized pieces of halibut. When fish comes to top of water, it's cooked. Serve with melted butter and lemon if desired.[/DIV]

........and you told us you have never tried hot pot!

[DD][FONT color=black] [DIV align=center][/FONT] [/DIV][/DD]

stretchedout

there is no need to put refined sugar in any recipe
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

........and you told us you have never tried hot pot!

lol 49er.  Good memory!

*you don't NEED to do anything.  I suppose you could sub demerara if you wanted.  

Or I suppose you could  skip dessert altogether and just suck back a cup of black coffee for breakfast if you wanted.  Me?  I like the occasional sweet........in the recipe of my choice.  There's probably a lot of stuff I don't NEED....but that's ok.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

stretchedout

try natural honey if you must sweeten, or just have fruit, a better choice - the body can't handle refined sugar

stretchedout

P.C.

Mine's doing OK so far.  I hear where you're coming from, but it's just my choice.  I suppose I could buy an extra 5 years in the retirement home, by eliminating all guilty pleasures, but I just prefer not to.  I'm no health buff, and I indulge in a lot of things I shouldn't.....but I believe in moderation.  I also lean ever so slightly to believing that you teach your body what it can tolerate.  I've known too many health buffs who spend 3 nights a week in the gymn and another 2 playing sports that have keeled over before they hit 40.    

stretchedout

I know many folk who don't have sugar in their homes and they bake.  They use honey and other non-refined natural sweeteners.

P.C.

Thanks, but no thanks.  

I must sleep.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]  

Lise

Not a fan of sugar in our household. Diabetes and all. It's the enemy. I don't use sugar in my cooking, just baking. Splenda works quite well though it's a bit iffy when it comes to baking.

For some reason I can't stand honey. Don't know why. Maybe it's the thought of sticky icky stuff coming out of a bug's butt that turns me off.

No wait... hang on..... nevermind.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Top of the morning from the corn fields. Went into the woods yesterday my cousin is in the planning stages of building a house in the forest on a bluff over looking the farm land. Pretty sweet except for the ticks. Went fishing caught some bass, they're getting huge in my cousins too big to be a pond too small to be a lake behind his house. Might go out on the lake today.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Sounds idylic, I wouldn't mind some of that too.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Ah geesh, I missed Russ by a whole day!  :(((((((  I MISS YOU LOTS RUSS!   Oh, Ms PC, LOVE your run down of us!  TOO CUTE.  I had a few chuckles, okay, I lied, I LOLZ! ;)

So, yesterday, we went on our verrrrry first road trip.  We drove to Seattle Premium Outlets, then to Downtown Seattle, saw the Space Needle, been to Barnes and Noble, and then went to Northgate Mall, went to Target, walked through Macy's....

I'm going to have lots of fun looking for places to visit.  I still don't know where are the good shopping districts at downtown Seattle.  Everything there was too expensive for us.  

And going in and out of the border was a BREEZE!!!  I even made the Customs guy chuckle.  hee heee...

So, just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful afternoon!  Gotta head out soon. :))) and HUGZZZ to all!

Lil Me

Sounds like a wonderful day, pl.  So glad to hear you're out having fun in the new car!

I usually shop at Costco (butter, red wine) and Target (clothes, bedsheets, drug store stuff, food).  I've never been to the Premium Outlet. Worth the trip?

ADD: What's for dinner?  I'm gonna BBQ some teriyaki steaks.
 Went to Hands Across the Border today with Scouts.  They close the Peace Arch border crossing every year for US and Canadian Scouts and Guides to meet and trade badges.  We had a BBQ there, went in the big parade under the Peace Arch, stayed for the National Anthems and the flag raisings- then the rain started and it was time to pack up for the long drive home.  Now I can rest up until Year End Camp next weekend on the Sunshine Coast.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|