So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Heya Russtic,

Missin' you again.

You've noticed. Actually I asked TB to take me off the Administrator Status. Figured I might join the lowly ranks of servitude instead of Dominatrix Mistress of the Dark for the time being.

Anyways, it's good to see kitten as an Administrator. Power to you, Lady!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I toobeautiful miss lise am glad to see missy kitten a an admin,... however i am sadened to see you go...

other than that you all didnt miss me you will all see me posting regularly and keeping you all in line in july... so be ready, lol.

glad to see you being proactive TB by the way.. if it means anything coming from a regular.

ill give miss pl a swat on the derierre when i see her and Ill hopefully see miss PC when I get back in July...

in case nayonje cant tell Im slighlty pissed, and am trying to be diplomatic here.. so Ill see you all in thre weeks.

Take care and the goats are mine! That is all.. please resume your regular k-mart programing.

is anyone going to tell me about this freraking spambot stopper doohickey?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Hello, Russ.  *waving frantically*  You're coming back soon?  Yay!  It's been strange without your regular posts.  Sort of a missing space where you should be.

The spam-bot is to keep all those pesky salesmen away.  Seems to work, too.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

Damn.  Missed Russ again.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

I logged on just as he was leaving.  Missed him by thatmuch.

Lil Me

What's for dinner?  I microwaved some fresh halibut.  Salad and humous (the "good" humous was on sale, and it's waaaay better than the bargain tibs I usually source at Costco).
 Heckyl and Jeckyl are eating Papa Jphn's pizza and salad.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

I had salmon in dill sauce and spinach on the side.  Very tasty!

P.C.

So you obviously got a new microwave....lol

I've never thought about microwaving fish......how does that turn out?

rats....gotta fly.  be back later.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Yummy.  Does the salmon come with dill sauce, or do you make it?  

kitten

It's made by Highliner, and it comes in individual packets with sauce.  I find it works best in the oven, although I have microwaved it before.  Just doesn't taste the same.

Lil Me

Microwaving is an awesome way to cook fish.  Cover with plastic wrap and cook for 1min at a time, check it.  You don't overcook the fish and it isn't dry like baking, and doesn't stink up the house like stovetop.

My mom cooks all her fish in the micro- including Chinese-style with soy, green  onion and cilantro.

kitten

I always bake it in foil with a little water so it won't dry out.  I find with the fish in sauce I don't need the water because it stays moist.

Lil Me

good tip.  Thanks, kitten!  

kitten

I learned that the hard way.  I don't like trying to chew fish leather, so I tried water to see if it would help.

P.C.

Back.

Lil Me....you must try halibut boiled.  It's soooo yummy.  Cut into bite size cubes and drop them into boiling water.   Drizzle with a wee bit of melted garlic butter.  (or dip like lobster)  

It's called poor mans lobster, and it's awesome.  

I was a little nervous to toss perfectly good halibut into boiling water, but it was delectable.  It's very fast too.

[DIV style="COLOR: #772222"]Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar to each quart of water. Bring to boil. Drop in bite sized pieces of halibut. When fish comes to top of water, it's cooked. Serve with melted butter and lemon if desired.[/DIV]

[DD][FONT color=black] [DIV align=center][/FONT] [/DIV][/DD]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|