So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Actually it tastes very good with those home made dumplings.  A zillion calories, but good.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

The picture on the last page isn't the dish in question.......it was on the page before last.  And although it may be very tasty, it is lacking in.....how you say.....appeal.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

i dunno if it could be a zillion calories. When I go to grandma's house I just eat and eat food like that and I don't gain any weight.
chicken, pork, meatballs

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
The picture on the last page isn't the dish in question.......it was on the page before last.  And although it may be very tasty, it is lacking in.....how you say.....appeal.

hungarian food isn't the most prettiest food on the planet.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

When I go to grandma's house I just eat and eat food like that and I don't gain any weight.   Secret Hungarian ingredient. Tapeworm eggs.
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

I didn't separate the gravy from the pork. Usually you just take the pork out of the gravy when cooking. So on a dish we'd have pork on the plate with mash potatoes with the gravy poured over everything. I just didn't have mash potatoes on hand so it looks like a soup when it isn't.  

Sportsdude

PostMonkee @(^_^)@ wrote:
[em]When I go to grandma's house I just eat and eat food like that and I don't gain any weight.[/em]  
Secret Hungarian ingredient. Tapeworm eggs.

my grandma takes moldy bread and just scrapes off the mold.

P.C.

Eww.  That can't be good.

I'm sure grammas cooking is very good, except I'd pass on the bread.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I bet that is a carry-over from the concentration camp days when she ate anything she could get.  Some people get very frugal and don't want to waste anything.  Years ago I knew a man who used to hang teabags up to dry and reuse them until there was no flavour left at all.  Same reason.

Sportsdude

kitten wrote:
I bet that is a carry-over from the concentration camp days when she ate anything she could get.  Some people get very frugal and don't want to waste anything.  Years ago I knew a man who used to hang teabags up to dry and reuse them until there was no flavour left at all.  Same reason.

yup that's the reason. She was in the concentration camp/workers camp during her teen years so that's still her outlook. She doesn't like it when you don't eat everything on the table.
That's how she survived. She's talked about the moldy bread watching people starve to death etc.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

[FONT color=#ffffff size=1].[/FONT]
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

kitten

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  *SCREAM*

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Don't worry.

All cats go to heaven.

Lise

Meh. I hope Mr. Bush gets a furball. *cough hack hack cough*  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

well somebody put something funny in his food at G8, he got sick couldn't leave his hotel room.  

|