So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

yum.  Sounds like a good curry.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Afternoonie all. Curry sounds wonderful. Speaking of which, I'm making beef rendang (curry) tonight.

Kickboxing? Whoa. purelife, you don't need kickboxing lessons, you can karate-chop anyone just by looking at them.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

That beef rendang sounds great. -sniff sniff- I can smell it from here!

We'll be having chicken in tomato sauce (crock pot) with pasta (and brown rice!) and steamed veg.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Your gals' dinner sound fantastic.  :)  I don't know what to make for dinner yet.  :(    

Lil Me

fish in a can?    

Lise

Hey Lil Me. Care to share your tomato chicken crock pot recipe with mua? Sounds delicious.

purelife. That's why you get a George Forman grill. You can come home and grill just about anything. Easy. I'm so pro Georgie now.      
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Lil Me wrote:
fish in a can?

SARDINES. But not to worry, at least you can have more than one type of fish can. Did you guys check out the price of canned tuna these days? So cheap and no one is touching them since that latest report on mercury and tuna.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Lise- um...I just sprayed cooking spray on the bottom of the crock pot, heaved in a bunch of skinless/boneless thighs and poured 2 cans of tomato sauce on top.  I'm going to put in some fried onions and veggies later.

Purelife- yeah, a GF grill would be handy.  You could open the can of fish slightly and just pop the whole thing on top.

Lise

Wow. No kidding? That easy? Hmmmm..... maybe I'll try that. My husband is a tomato sauce fanatic. Anything in that sauce is his chi. Thanks.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Sardines... *sigh* my last resort if I find nothing.  I'll get a GF grill a wee bit later (if I get a Tax Refund).  Hmm, if I had a GF grill, I would grill veggies and pork tonight.  Oh, that sounds delicious...but darn... :(  tee hee....

Sardines from a can is very convenient.  I just stand over the sink and eat them.  Yeah, looks and sounds crude but hey, I don't want to wash any more dishes than I have to. :)

Lise

You could make a sardine salad. Easy and takes no time at all.

[TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #dddd9d 2px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; BORDER-TOP: #eeeece 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 18px; BORDER-LEFT: #eeeece 1px solid; COLOR: #8caa9e" noWrap align=left bgColor=#ffffcc]SARDINE SALAD[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #eeeece 1px solid"] [/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #dddd9d 2px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; BORDER-LEFT: #eeeece 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 20px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #dddd9d 2px solid" bgColor=#ffffcc colSpan=2][!----][!--SARDINE SALAD--]  [DIV style="PADDING-LEFT: 20px; COLOR: black"]2 cans of sardines
Onions, chopped

[DIV style="COLOR: #772222"]2 or 3 boiled eggs, chopped Mayonnaise and mustard  Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Serve with crackers or on bread.

[/DIV][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]  

[FONT size=1]More about canned sardines: [/FONT][A href="http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1-11,canned_sardines,FE.html"][FONT size=1]http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1-11,canned_sardines,FE.html[/FONT][/A]

Bill Cosby.

purelife

Sardine salad-sandwich.  ok, I'll gather up some ingredients.  Thanks Lise.  bless.

tenkani

I only know one good recipe.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lil Me

furry hot dogs?  

tenkani

Nope. It's a smoothie...sort of.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|