So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Hmm, not good then, huh?  Ok, I won't buy them.  I'd rather taste the "real" deal.  :)    

Lise

Pink Pearl. I've been there once. Never again. Parking was hell but it's very popular.

Oh hey, do you guys get charged for 'tea' or 'seating'? I can't believe I got charged for sitting my two year old at Big Lai.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I might bake some fish tomorrow. Don't know yet.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

plain fish or sauce?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Baked fish is yummy. I love baked fish, especially salmon. Sprinkle that with Japanese bread crumbs and they come out tasty!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I've never been charged for seating or tea.. wow, that's insane.  I wouldn't go there if that was the case.

Sportsdude

plain.  i usually just put it in and bake it.    

purelife

I've heard about baking salmon with yoghurt and wrapping it in tin foil.  I can't remember how it goes.

Oh, have you ever poached fish?  I was going to try it but wasn't too familiar with the procedure.  It tastes good though..kinda different.

Sportsdude

My grandma poaches fish. Tastes really really really rubbery and dry.  

Lise

I'm not sure, purelife, but most dim sum places are doing that. Check your bill next time. I never noticed it until my friend pointed it out to me.

Plain fish? No pepper or salt?  
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Do you guys like the sui mai? I miss those. Man, do I really miss those. *sigh*

My favorite are those chicken feet. I go nuts over them. Can't leave the restaurant without getting my chicken feet. *slurp*

My dim sum scary story was with chicken feet. I havent braved dim sum since that time.. its a mental block at this point

I missed too many pages waah! I was going to say teriyaki on the steaks for at least three hours, and when I do them on the large GF, I use a meat tenderizer. I also overbuy on things like steaks and chicken and when I let the stuff Im cooking soak for three hours, I do the extra as well. When Im done I throw the extra into ziplocks and throw into the freezer, next time pull them out about miday and close to din din just cook your premarinated stuff.

I honestly just throw my GF into the sink and wash it lise. Then I rinse the whole thing in fresh water and let it sit and soak dry completely. I dont use green scubbies or metal ones as it will take you non stick off.. just use one of those plastic bristle scrubbie hand thingys you can buy at stupidstore for like 3 bucks. I been doing this on my GF for over a year now. I have the big one with bun warmer as well... Mine was over 120 when I bought it years ago though.

I started timing how long it took to cook either thawed or frozen meats so I know how long to leave it on for.

Well, it was a cabbage roll night... we are all still feeling the effects from Uncle willys from last night still, lol!  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Maybe she poached them for too long?  It's supposed to be tender, as I recall.

49er

In general dim sum restaurant do charge for tea/seating.  It's promotional if they don't.

I always get the shrimp cheung fun when I go  

Sportsdude

I haven't put salt or pepper on my fish yet. Probably will start this week doing that.  I eat things plain a lot.  

Lil Me

Russ wrote:
I honestly just throw my GF into the sink and wash it  

I been doing this on my GF for over a year now. I have the big one with bun warmer as well...

--

Out of context, this sounds hilarious.
 [/div]
 [div]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|