So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hi Lise!  Steak sounds good.  What done-ness do you like?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

No grill marks?  Oh, that's kinda different.  Did you marinate your steak first then slop it on?  I'll be buying one later for sure. :)

Hiya Lise.

Oh, and I did have a can of sardines.  :)

Lise

I usually like my steaks a bit medium but I don't want to see blood. Just enough pinkness. With the George Forman, you have to watch your steaks like a hawk because the heat goes through very quickly on both sides. If you're not careful, your steaks cooks rather quickly.

I marinated my steaks in teriyaki sauce a few hours before. It taste just fine.

What about you girls? How do you make your steaks?

And purelife. Bahahaha on the sardines. I knew you had a fetish hidden somewhere.[/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

rare or mid-rare for me
 Teriyaki sounds good.  I usually marinade wuith worcestershire, finish with Montreal steak spice and dip each bite in HP.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

The new house has an island in the kitchen and we use the grill part.  But that's a pain to clean.  Used to broil.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I spoil myself with the fast fry t-bone steaks from Superstore.  I just fry them naked and then flavor with lemon pepper and salt to taste.  I also cook onions with it too.  

Yup, those suckers are mine. ;)  

Lise

Y'know.... that's two sacues that I've never tried in any of my cooking. Worchester sauce and HP sauce. I should. I've heard good things about them.

I'm grilling salmon tomorrow. You could say I'm going grill crazy for the next few days until the novelty wears off.

I went to the Crystal Mall and bought some frozen hargow. Gonna steam them tonight for a late supper.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

You're not going to grill the hargows?!  

Lise

Superstore has some amazing selection of beef cuts. And not too pricey either. I think I'm in love with Superstore.... minus the murderous long line-ups.  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Lil Me wrote:
You're not going to grill the hargows?!

LOL. Bless you, Lil Me. No, no, steam in a wok.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

long lines in at Super store?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Superstore (aka Stupidstore) is a customer service nightmare.  Cheap, cheap though.  I'll brave it on weekdays only.  

Lise

Yes, long line-ups. It's crazy there. I hate going there on the weekends.... my mother-in-law usually has a long list of stuff she needs to get and nearly always make us go there.

The self-service check-out is a laugh. Don't do that unless you have like less than 4 items otherwise you're totally screwed.
Bill Cosby.

49er

Lise wrote:
I went to the Crystal Mall and bought some frozen hargow. Gonna steam them tonight for a late supper.

Did you know hargow is made with pork.....trick to making those suckers plump and crunchy in restaurants is putting in little cubes of pork fat.  

Lil Me

Hi 49er!  I thought hargow were shrimp.  

|