The 'Good Morning' and such Thread

Started by Chicklet, May 23 06 09:41

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

[FONT size=6]Wassup tenkani?!?!?![/FONT]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

tenkani wrote:
W00h00! I'm back. Was off poking around on the 8th ring of hell.
Hi CK!!!!  Sounds like you've been communing with nature and whatnot. I'm jealous!    :0

Hey buddy.

Work has been taking me to some beautiful places. Unfortunately, with my job, I some of man's laziness in protecting the environment. But all in all, two thumbs up on spending time in the mountains.

How is the horticulture? I am thinking a trip to California this fall. Friends, family, and some California warmth in October would be sweet,

Lise

CK CK CK CK CK CK CK CK CK to infinity and beyond!!!!

Boy, do I miss you dear lad! Where have you been? Too busy, eh? Well, that's understandable. Missing you tons!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

Lise wrote:
CK CK CK CK CK CK CK CK CK to infinity and beyond!!!!

Boy, do I miss you dear lad! Where have you been? Too busy, eh? Well, that's understandable. Missing you tons!!![/DIV]
 Where have I been? Just dreaming..about Lise! *sigh*.

Miss you too. I am busy as normal I guess. I am just doing more outdoor work this season. This weekend is a chill out weekend. Taking it easy.

*kisses on the Lady Sith*

Hopefully we are on at the same time soon. Later Homey!

Chicklet

Good morning everyone.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  When is the next one and how fast can it get here??????

Hate Monday mornings..............................
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

kitten

I love Mondays!  I got to sleep in, had a leisurely breakfast, and read the paper and did puzzles.  I also drank a LOT of coffee.  Wonderful day!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Exactly the opposite here. My first day back after a holiday, the garden looks like a jungle and at work there's too much to do, too many unanswered phone calls to sort out, too much unanswered post, too many visitors, too much chaos created in my absence and too much apathy within.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

tenkani

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]How is the horticulture? I am thinking a trip to California this fall. Friends, family, and some California warmth in October would be sweet,

[/span]Hi, CK!!! I set up a grow light in my room for seedlings and now every morning I wake up and stare in wonder at my babies! What a way to say hello to the world!   :0[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]

[/span]What part of California were you thinking of visiting?? Better hurry! A lot of regions aren't so sunny and warm for very long    :P

HELLO LISE AND CHICKLET AND GOPHER AND KITTEN AND ANYONE ELSE LURKING IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!  

WELCOME BACK GOPHIE!!!!!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kitten

Good morning, everyone!  Good luck with your "babies", tenkani.  Don't grow lights use a lot of energy?

Gopher

tenkani

*crossing "gophie" off from book of approved terms*

Most grow lights burn a lot of juice.
I found a T5 Flourescent fixture that is only 40 or 50 watts.
Low-power but extremely high-efficiency.
The lights aren't bright enough to grow throughout the life of the plant, but from seed to seedling (maybe a little more, we'll see) they are perfect (so they tell me).

kitten

Will the seedlings be able to grow in shady areas?  I believe you said you had a problem with adequate sunlight.

Gopher

Are we still talking Zinnias, or did you give birth to another variety during my absence?

tenkani

Whether seedlings will grow in shady areas is something I intend to find out. LOL

Actually, my problem isn't so much shade, per say, as lots of fog at different times of the year. Actually, there is also a nearby huge tree that shades the yard, but only part of the day.

In my room I'm growing Zinnias (3 different varieties), a sprinkle of wildflower mix just for fun and some coleus because I love them dearly.

Gopher

tenkani wrote:
Whether seedlings will grow in shady areas is something I intend to find out. LOL

Actually, my problem isn't so much shade, per say, as lots of fog at different times of the year. Actually, there is also a nearby huge tree that shades the yard, but only part of the day.

In my room I'm growing Zinnias (3 different varieties), a sprinkle of wildflower mix just for fun and some coleus because I love them dearly. [FONT color=#ff0000]Me too - they remind me of the days of lost innocence.[/FONT]

|