Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

I often ponder about the probability of one day knowing all the answers, and choose to feel that it's far better to still have questions to ask - it keeps one's mind stimulated. Your remark re. perfection was, I take it, based on your self-knowledge????  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 I often ponder about the probability of one day knowing all the answers, and choose to feel that it's far better to still have questions to ask - it keeps one's mind stimulated. Your remark re. perfection was, I take it, based on your self-knowledge????

Last thing first.....I have no self-knowledge regarding perfection.  It is just one of those unattainable ideals.  

I can't imagine knowing all the answers either.  For each answer, at least two questions, and often more, show up to take its place.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

I've just realised how much I'm going to miss all this when I go away - I leave Chateau Gopher on Saturday and come back the following Sunday. I count on you to give me a brief summary of the highlights when I return! However, a couple of  more days to go..    

kitten

Corresponding with you has always been a delightful experience.  Your wit and wisdom are greatly to be admired.  I am sure you will have a wonderful time, and I shall be looking forward to your return.  Does this not sound as though we have returned to the late 1800's mode of writing?  So teddibly formal, m'dear.

Consider the reams of writing on the board you will have to entertain you when you come back, although I realize that work will interfere with the important things likeDS.  It's nice that you still have a couple of days before you go.  It heightens the anticipation of departure.

I was very busy this morning and missed the noon chat.  With any luck tomorrow will be better.

tenkani

OMGWTF 1 4gr33 c0mpl3t3ly, K1tt3n. 0v3rly f0rm4l c0mmun1c4t10ns pu7s 4 d4mp3r 0n my sp1r1t 4nd m4k3s m3 f33l 4s th0ugh my m0th3r 1s l00k1ng 0v3r my sh0uld3r 4s 1 wr1t3. 1t's t1m3 t0 br1ng th1s thr34d 1nt0 th3 21st c3ntury, d0n't y0u th1nk? H3r3, l3t's g3t 1t st4rt3d th3 r1ght w4y. Th3 L33t w4y!!! LOOOL! OMGPWNT!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kitten

Way to go, tenkani!  It took a minute or so to decipher that but I got it.  I thought that since I am an antique I ought to sound like one.  One thing wrong with that last sentence I wrote, there are too many "I"s in it.

Gopher

tenkani wrote:
OMGWTF 1 4gr33 c0mpl3t3ly, K1tt3n. 0v3rly f0rm4l c0mmun1c4t10ns pu7s 4 d4mp3r 0n my sp1r1t 4nd m4k3s m3 f33l 4s th0ugh my m0th3r 1s l00k1ng 0v3r my sh0uld3r 4s 1 wr1t3. 1t's t1m3 t0 br1ng th1s thr34d 1nt0 th3 21st c3ntury, d0n't y0u th1nk? H3r3, l3t's g3t 1t st4rt3d th3 r1ght w4y. Th3 L33t w4y!!! LOOOL! OMGPWNT!

Sir, you are a cad!  

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 Sir, you are a cad!

That was a joke, I'm sure.  It would have taken me ages to compose something like that reply tenkani posted.  I laughed out loud when I saw it!

Last day at work for you.  Isn't that grand?  It's a pity it is only for one week, though.  It barely gives you time to unwind before you have to be back again.  Still, it is good to get away for a while.

kitten

My cat has an appointment with his vet this morning at eleven.  I'm pretty sure I will be back before your lunch break is over, Gopher, but just in case I don't, I'd like to wish you Bon Voyage and happy restful days.

Gopher

Thanks Kitten. I hope you come back with some good news.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the escape, I'll be staying with a couple of friends from the days of yore (the sort of friends who know you inside out, and are so used to your shortcomings that they don't raise an eyebrow). I anticipate lots of talking, reading, sightseeing, walking, lazing around and all things congenial. The fact that they're Revolutionary Marxists will just add the necessary spice to it all. Now to ponder the packing that lies ahead!  

kitten

I hope I made it back in time.  It sounds like a marvelous holiday plan.  What interesting friends you have!  I had imagined that your packing would have been done a week ago in anticipation.  In similar circumstances mine would have.

Gopher

I always leave mine until the last moment - that way I can draw out the panic over a greater length of time! Will try to log in while I'm away, but I don't think there'll be much chance.

kitten

I need to be terribly organized for a trip.  I don't handle panic well.

It will be nice if you can check in once in a while, but if not, there's plenty of time when you get back.

*sob, sniff*

Gopher

I'll try my best.

kitten

Merci beaucoup, mon ami.

|