Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Rain? We've got it forecast for every day until Thursday (which is as far as our forecasts go).

And how is your Feline Majesty today?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

As far as I can see, we have the same forecast.  Naturally it falls on my days off.  This feline is not so good today.  I've needed too much nitro lately, and I'm going to be cutting back to four days a week, starting in June with any luck.  Five is getting a little hard to handle.  How are you, Gopher?  I just got back from the vet, and there isn't any improvement yet.  This could be a major part of the stress I've been having lately.  It boils down to a matter of when to let him go.  Not an easy decision.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

It's a horrible decision, like playing God. Whatever you decide will be RIGHT, but equally whatever you decide will be very difficult for you.

By the way, I've just remembered that I didn't respond to your comment on downtown Vancouver - I think this was perhaps because you so much managed to encapsulate my own feelings on that place. Great minds think alike? OR Fools seldom differ?

kitten

Let's go with great minds!  I also dislike the idea of taking the bus downtown, which I shall have to do next Tuesday.

*I'm not cut out to be God.*

Gopher

Neither was God.

I agree on the bus to downtown too.

kitten

I've often thought that only mankind would wish for god-like powers.  An all-wise god wouldn't touch it.  That is what would indicate that he was indeed wise.

Gopher

If I understand you correctly, do you mean that he had his power thrust upon him?

kitten

No, not really, I think he wasn't really a god or he would know better.  More like the forerunner to Superman.

Gopher

You think so? I'm of the opinion that until I can understand the working of the mind of a budgerigar there's no point in even trying to think what's going on in God's mind. Most of the time I don't even know what's going on in my mind either.

Gopher

Happy Victoria Day to you, Kitten!

kitten

Thank you, Gopher.  I wish the same to you.

Gopher

Ah Kitten, my sweet, verily you have made my day!

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 Ah Kitten, my sweet, verily you have made my day![/DIV]
 I'm so glad to hear that.  I have spent a truly indolent morning, and may just continue for the rest of the day.  Do you have to work today?

Gopher

I certainly do!

Otherwise the weather is now even worse than yesterday, gales blowing from every direction, driving rain soaking everything in sight, the temperature dropping - and oh, it's Monday.

On the brighter side, this morning I received a wedding invitation......

kitten

It sounds like a horrible day for you.  Sometimes it's hell being a wage slave.  

A wedding invitation, eh?  (Not your own, I trust.)  That is  nice, and I'm sure you will enjoy yourself in spite of your dislike for parties.  

|