Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Well, that takes care of the weather report.  How's the job going, or is it your day off?  How soon I forget!  I can't recall whether your weekend is Thursday/Friday or Friday/Saturday.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Job has been fantic all week and today's no exception. Sick top the back teeth of being tied up with red tape and regulations at present - all of which have made REAL work almost impossible to accomplish. But who cares how little gets done, as long as it's done correctly? These days form is far more important than content.

I'm off tomorrow but have to be in again most of Saturday for ther memorial service...I'm semi-looking forward to it.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Red tape is the curse of mankind.  I'm so fortunate in not having to deal with it.  I'm so sorry your job has been made so difficult.  The memorial will turn out well, Gopher.  There will be many people who respected her and it is so nice that there will be animals present in her honour.  Will you be bringing the cat that you kitten-sat for your friends?

Gopher

I'll have to ask them if I can borrow her. If I can't, I'll have to find someone with a few fleas to spare - they're animals too.

kitten

I hate to say this, but not all animals are friendly.  Such as fleas, for example.  Must run.

Gopher

But STILL animals.

curses

was gopher in the military?

i digress. honi soit perfectly sums up my conversation with kitten.

Which is better.  to take your moral compass from the behaviour and attitudes of those around you? or to act according to your own conscience?

from [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honi_soit_qui_mal_y_pense"]wikipedia[/a]

Gopher

a) Gopher wasn't in the military

b) To act according to your conscience

curses

i always acted according to my own conscience and i've been villified by the millions because of it!

entire towns have banned me. not a word of a lie. my name is spoken in terrible awe. did he just say what i think he did?  

P.C.

Which is better.  to take your moral compass from the behaviour and attitudes of those around you? or to act according to your own conscience?

I think to get along in society, a blend of the options you suggested would work nicely.  I believe you shouldn't abandon your ideas and beliefs, (opinions should be flexible) but adapting to the behaviour of those around you just seems like common sense to me.

A person might feel that 'acting according to their own conscience' may make it acceptable to make sure a person is told that their taste in clothing left a lot to be desired, and their hairstyle went out 20 years ago and for gawwds sake, DO something about your nose........but I wouldn't advise it.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Of course, if you prefer solitude that might be the way to arrange it.

P.C.

Hi Kitten [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]

I agree...... that is exactly the way to set that up.   lol    

kitten

Hi, P.C.  "Weekend"?

P.C.

Yes, my weekend.  Just came inside for a break.  Have lovely big fire outside to burn all the yard debris.  Amazing how much stuff accumulates.  Branches, leaves, limbs and stuff everywhere.  I'm in my glory when I do the 'autumn burn'.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/a060.gif" border=0]

kitten

Oh you PYROMANIAC!!!  But it would smell good and look great, so I agree that it would be fun.  Is it not raining where you are?

|