Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Is that a dance, a book or a  romantic liaison?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I think it is a book that you can read while you are doing a romantic dance.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

As For Me And My House - Sinclair Ross. I first read this about three years ago and decicded that it was the best work of literature ever to come out of Canada, and I'm wondering how I'll feel about it this time round.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Too Long A Stranger- Janette Oke
 Timeline- Michael Crichton

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

White Wolf - David Gemmell
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orik

i was reading the iching and steven kings  the cell  but some dirt bag son of a bitch stole them off my job site ... now i am book less until i buy another copy of the iching and steven kings the cell  damn junkie crack head homeless shits  they got maybe a buck or 2 for the iching and probably 3 dollars for the king book. God damn them all If i catch that little book worm im gonna squash him  

i guess i will reread  mobydick  till i get to a book store on monday

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Don't like the library, Orik?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

lazy orik

i got banned from the vpl i took a bunch of books out when i was homeless the sqaut burnt down.. im not alowed a library card till i pay to replace all those books :( :(...  besides i like to own my novels  to reread time and again especialy the realy good ones.. i like have a exstencive home library...  3 6 foot tall 4 foot wide book cases full now and i want 4 more

Russ

Hey Orik.. I know what you mean. I have bookshelves as well.. and they are overflowing.

Im currently reading 'The Shadow Man' by John Katzenbach.

Ill have to buy some more books when i hit London as I have only three..

Hope alls well with you Orik
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Orik

doing good russ. hows about u mano ?

got any ideas how i can become a passanger on a merchent vessel one way to the philipines :D i will work for my passage hehe figure its got to be cheaper than buyi9ng air fair whcich i cant afford on the pittance i earn each month... damned air canada wants me to buy 2 seats cause im a bit on the large side... damned obesiety :(

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

No Logo - Naomi Klein
Now I just have to find time to read it.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

It's a quick read and you'll enjoy it, SD.
 It'll increase your resolve to never set foot in Walmart or Starbucks.

Sportsdude

lol
It's not like I go to those places already.
I don't know what I'm going to do now that I'm moving to the richest postal code area. Going to miss Harewood although they've now ruined the ambiance of the place, they've gentrified the strip mall there, put in a Starbucks. Oh well there's always DTES, Gastown and Commercial Drive to make me feel at home.

Lil Me

Yeah, I'm sure you'll enjoy lots of Vancouver neighbourhoods.
 Plus- there are lots of protests, political meetings, lectures at the library, etc.  It's all listed in the Calender section of the Georgia Straight newspaper (the free one on the street).

Sportsdude

Okay, cool.

|