Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lise

The Ghost King (David Gemmell)
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

tried to read Farewell to Arms by Hemmingway but couldn't get into it.  Snore!  Will try again later when I'm not so exhausted.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
Have you ever try Animal Farm or 1984 from Orwell ? Brave new World from Aldous Huxley ?
 --
 Read these ones, but not since high school.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Hey, I can't read French beyond a picture book or a cereal box.

But I read an English translation of a French book a couple weeks ago.  Caribou Hunter by Serge Bouchard.  

Michel

Lil Me

It's the true life stoy of an Inuit hunter in Labrador told to an anthropologist (Serge Bouchard) who wrote it down.  

Michel

Lil Me

Have a good skytrain trip.  Time to feed the cat.

Michel

Michel

Lil Me

You are totally right!  My bad.  Apologies to the Innu.  

Michel

|