Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I didn't think you would take breaks, Gophie.  You came across (to me anyways) as a quick reader.  I take forever to finish one book. :)

Gopher

I AM a quick reader, it's just that I've been too tired recently.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

The Color Purple- Alice Walker.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I like that movie. Verrrrry good.

David Gemmell's Druss the Legend. Almost ending. Can't wait.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yikes this thread almost went off the first page!

I looked through my buying history this year on Amazon. I've bought 8 books. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

High Crimes- William Deverell
 Shoeless Joe- W.P. Kinsella

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

That brought back some memories.  Have you read Kinsella's Dance Me Outside ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

No, but I've seen the movie.  

P.C.

There's a movie?  Jeebus....I gotta get with the times.  On the other hand, I usually enjoy a book more than a move...although there are always exceptions of course.

Lil Me

I enjoy the books more as well.
 I can't stay awake through a movie anymore.

P.C.

Curious.....has anyone ever read a book, only to discover that there was a prequel ? ....and if so, would you go back and read the first book?

Michel

Gopher

Picnic at Hanging Rock - Joan Lindsay (my third reading of this in not too many years).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

When the Game is Over, It all Goes Back in the Box- John Ortberg  

Lise

Waylander II by David Gemmell. (finished)

Legend of the Deathwalker by David Gemmell.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|