Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Shame on you, P.C.  Corrupting the youngsters!

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"] [tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]     [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
 [/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]lt[/td][td]
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]adu[/td][td]s[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="47d1e495734dde57bddb7aa24f77ccfc" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody] [/table]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

well like I'm going to find those books in missouri. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Shame on you, P.C.  Corrupting the youngsters!

Well I ummm....it's just that I....well I was just thinking....ummm...All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy ?

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a176.gif" border=0]

well like I'm going to find those books in missouri. lol  

Yer not in Kansas anymore.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

bwhahaha yeah I'm not lol.
when I take a sociology class on feminism i'll be sure to pick those up.

P.C.

These are more eroticism.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d030.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

basically, but it deals with feminist ideas as well. a bit.  

purelife

Gopher wrote:
I looked for it in the library, Purelife, but as it wasn't there I've settled for Literary Lapses by Stephen Leacock. However, I'm going to keep trying.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Hey Gophie...the book is fairly new...so it may take a while, hopefully soon.  i've been taking a while to read it because i only read it on my way to and from work, but so far, so good. :))

Gopher

Prey - Michael Crichton
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Hey Gophie!  You found the Prey!  Tell me what you think of the book.  I'm still reading Next....I'm taking a long time because I only read it to and from my ride to work.  It's so far so good.  

Sportsdude

Bought the Transportation Experience: Policy, Planning, and Deployment from Amazon going to read it over the break.  

Gopher

purelife wrote:
Hey Gophie!  You found the Prey!  Tell me what you think of the book.  I'm still reading Next....I'm taking a long time because I only read it to and from my ride to work.  It's so far so good.  

I've only read the first 50 pages so far, but what I've read I've liked - I just hope that the technospeak doesn't increase though. I'll definitely try another of his afterwards.

Lil Me

The Chase- Clive Cussler  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

The Love Come Softly series by Janette Oke.
 I finished Book 3 this morning, about to start Book 4 later.
 Can't put them down!

Gopher

State of Fear - Michael Crichton  

Lil Me

I loved State of Fear.  

|