The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Russ

Morning! Sorry the grandparents.. its a term that someone on the family started using years ago.. and it has stuck.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

van_guy

Russ wrote:
Morning! Sorry I missed you all in the Lounge last night.. we had dinner with the fossils then had a bit of a drive back. I then had a few beer and myself started napping on the couch. So I didnt even make it through the door. lol.  

So you and LM both napping on the couch. LM didn't even get a glass of wine before she was out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

I'm a couch sleeper, sucks with the beyond tiny (you've got to be under 4ft to go completely horizontal) couch this year, I look really stupid.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

Russ wrote:
Morning! Sorry the grandparents.. its a term that someone on the family started using years ago.. and it has stuck.  

I have a friend who is arguably the sweetest human on the planet - you know the kind that would take a worm to the vet if she accidentally knicked it while planting organic produce for the needy orphans in Botswana ... anyway she calls old people "raisin heads"  the first time i heard her use that term I nearly evacuated my bowels.

P.C.

That's ridiculous, taking a knicked worm to the vet.  I've found that a tiny bandage, changing them twice a day, and plenty of bed rest works very well.  They are usually back on their fee....um...off and runni....um...doing ok, within 3 to 4 days.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

not to make everyone all cry, but you were talking about injured worms, well here's a bunch of killed scottish seals by a fisherman. The last couple of seconds are hard to take, when they show the crying/injured seal pup.

[a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7910816.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7910816.stm[/a]

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
That's ridiculous, taking a knicked worm to the vet.  I've found that a tiny bandage, changing them twice a day, and plenty of bed rest works very well.  They are usually back on their fee....um...off and runni....um...doing ok, within 3 to 4 days. [img style="font-style: italic;" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif[/img]

It's tough changing bandages though isn't it - they wiggle soooo much just like a ...  well ... worm.

Flower bed rest?

Have you ever read the "There is a hair in my dirt?" by Gary Larson it is hysterical.  The first time I read it to the boys I actually had tears streaming down my face.

P.C.

The Far Side Gary Larson ?

P.C.

Another hilarious read is Shel Silversteins ABZ.  A bunch of us read this one evening....yes we were all adults and there may have been some humour enhancement involved.  But we all laughed until we almost peed.  I should dig it out and see if it was really that funny.

Sportsdude

I haven't heard that name since grade 5. lol

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
The Far Side Gary Larson ?

When a worm family sits down to their dinner of dirt, the little worm discovers a hair in his dirt. Father Worm decides to tell him a story to restore his interest in dinner, and in being a worm at all. The story that Father Worm tells sums up more than the adventures of the fair maiden Harriet—it points out complex ecological facts and describes life from a worm's point of view.

P.C.

The cover alone looks hilarious.  I'll have to see if I can track one down.

I have to go stock up on books today anyways, as I'm out of reading material.  I tried reading a couple of books, that I started before and couldn't get into...thinking it may have just been a mood thing....but nope....still can't get into them.

Russ

Starfishie and myself went to value village the other day cause she had some 40% off coupon. I went through and stocked up on books like I normally do before going away but did it early this time cause of the coupon expiring. We tallied it up and it was going to be something like 90 bucks. We got to the register and she started sorting them, saw all the books she had to do, saw the amount of people waiting, and said, ok Ill charge you 1.99 for 20 books and give you the rest free.. which is already like half the price, then she rang in the coupon.. I paid like 32 bucks for all the books. I wish I would have gotten even more, lol.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Nice score Russ !

Second-hand books is the way to go.  Aside from the incredible savings, plus it being an 'earthy' thing to do, 'the hunt' is fun too.

|