The Movies Thread

Started by Van, Mar 19 08 08:12

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Well I've seen the movie in parts, I have always seemed to have caught the movie during bad times where I can't sit down and watch it completely. I've always been led to believe that what the girl goes through represents Franco or life under Franco. That's what the general opinion of the film is alluring too.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

Well you're seeing it everywhere. It was taboo for Germans to make movies about what happened between 1920-1945 and now all of a sudden the past years have been flooded with movies like that. Then there's the East German movies "Good bye Lenin" which is apparently a comedy, yet doesn't come off that way. Ostalgie has become big now.  

Michel

Lise @ Work

Oh frack, just watch the darn movie and enjoy it! Stop dissecting it too much.

Michel

Sportsdude

Lise @ Work wrote:
Oh frack, just watch the darn movie and enjoy it! Stop dissecting it too much.
but, but, but, it's what we do. lol
:)

Michel

P.C.

I remember seeing that old version as a kid......and if it's the same one I'm thinking of.....I even remember the actors name after all these years.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]  Bo Svenson...Svensen ?  I thought he was the dreamiest.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Oops.  I must be thinking of another movie.  

Michel

P.C.

Somehow I've attached a name to this guy and it's the wrong name.

It's the guy on the far right.  I have just learned his name is Peter Ronson (which rings no bells at all)  But I still remember that face. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c032.gif[/img]

P.C.

So I was remembering the right movie, the right role and the right face......but gave him a name that I must have decided at some point fit him.   Hans......yes....Hans.

Michel

[p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"][span style="" lang="EN-CA"][o:p][/o:p][/span][/p]

|